Which LG or Sony is better?

AdamClayton84

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all.

I have decided between the LG NanoCell NANO866 or Sony but which model of Sony?

Sony XH8096
Sony XH9196.

Which do you all think the best?

Hello all.

I have decided between the LG NanoCell NANO866 or Sony but which model of Sony?

Sony XH8096
Sony XH9196.

Which do you all think the best?
Others will give you elaborate answers. Mine is simple. For lcd, LG doesn’t even play in the same league as Sony...
Go xh90 or better xh95

You don’t mention size and budget...
Oled is obviously better if you can...55 inch from last year are very affordable.

Others will give you elaborate answers. Mine is simple. For lcd, LG doesn’t even play in the same league as Sony...
Go xh90 or better xh95

You don’t mention size and budget...
Oled is obviously better if you can...55 inch from last year are very affordable.
Hello.

I can't afford OLED, so would be LCD. The Sony models am looking at the XH85/91 are only Edge lit and not full array.

Assuming we talking the same tv

You also have the Sony Xg95 from last year

I've asked you this before but never got an amswer.

Do you need the wide viewing angles of an IPS screen?

If you're viewing head-on or close to it, a VA panel is a better choice.

If you don't need an IPS panel, then this is a far better TV for not much extra.

I'd try to buy it elsewhere though that does a 5 year warranty as standard.

I've asked you this before but never got an amswer.

If you're viewing head-on or close to it, a VA panel is a better choice.
Oh sorry.

I want the better colours but I believe IPS panels not very good blacks.

Another model to look at is this Sony. Again IPS panel though...

Sony Xh91 from currys UK

Oh sorry.

I want the better colours but I believe IPS panels not very good blacks.

And that's still not an answer!

The question is....

IPS panels don't have better colours than VA. The only reasons to pick an IPS panel over a VA one are you need the viewing angles or you want to use it as a computer monitor.

In your last thread, you were talking about the best picture quality, 4K discs etc.

None of the TV's you've linked to is capable of decent HDR which is the major selling point of 4K, especially on a smaller screen where you won't notice the resolution bump.
The TV I linked to is a £1799 TV that's going for a bargain now as it's an older model and is £999

It's far, far superior to the TVs you're looking at, has good HDR, is 5" larger and is a bargain.

But... only if you don't need wide viewing angles, which you haven't answered.

And that's still not an answer!

The question is....

IPS panels don't have better colours than VA. The only reasons to pick an IPS panel over a VA one are you need the viewing angles or you want to use it as a computer monitor.

In your last thread, you were talking about the best picture quality, 4K discs etc.

None of the TV's you've linked to is capable of decent HDR which is the major selling point of 4K, especially on a smaller screen where you won't notice the resolution bump.
The TV I linked to is a £1799 TV that's going for a bargain now as it's an older model and is £999

It's far, far superior to the TVs you're looking at, has good HDR, is 5" larger and is a bargain.

But... only if you don't need wide viewing angles, which you haven't answered.
Sorry.

No I do not want wide viewing angles.

I can get a Hisense U7QF again now for £399. Think I take a gamble again as my last set could have have been faulty with the high CPU usage alert message.

Narrowed the shortlist for tv down to the 2 mentioned above. Sony 55xh8196 and LG55nano866.
The LG is £40 more. Which would be the better deal?
I’m led to believe that the LG is the better tv in terms of picture quality but the Sony has android tv and also free-view plus.
Tv will be mainly used for sky Q multi room watching general tv and sports.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom