Which LG Model

jon43

Standard Member
Looking at two LG model televisions the LG 43UK6950PLB or the more expensive and bigger screen 49SK8000PLB
Wondering if the extra cost is worth it and thought going for the 49” because of the Dolby Atmos but reading its not all that great? So, it is down to the picture and cost which can be between £599 and £799
Also reading different things about the 49” and if it has Freesat or not, one comment was that the images show one connection and, in the UK, it actually has 2 input connections for aerial and Satellite. (our block only has Satellite and no aerial)

I contacted LG and their answer was ‘I have looked into this and I can advise that you will be able to tune into Freesat channels however due to a licensing issue you will be unable to access all of Freesat functions such as the EPG preview.
???

Analysis

Banned
You have got two threads for the same question so @Dodgexander might request you delete one of them.

As for the question at hand it might be an idea to ask in the General Discussion area for more information in regards to Freesat as this issue might also effect other makes and models in the list that Zep has kindly provided already, a lot of this is down to cloning cards and DRM.

Dodgexander

All of the LGs come with Freesat which means they should have the Freesat EPG.

There will be no support for recording though, there is only a single tuner on their LCD models.

Dolby Atmos is of no benefit unless you know you are going to have audio sources with it and that you already own a dolby atmos sound system.

For most people the LG's aren't the best choice if you want the best picture quality, it depends though, see: My best value TVs, 2018-2019 Edition

Also beware at 49" the SK8000 isn't really that much better than the cheaper models because unlike other sizes you don't get a 120hz panel. You can generally get bigger TVs with better specs for less money than the SK8000.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom