Which lense next for my D50...???

T

TerryKK

I have owned my D50 for a few months now (what a great camera). Anyway im looking at a new lense purchase and would appreciate any feedback. as well as having the standard kit lense i also own the Tamron 70-300mm zoom. Im thinking a natural progression would be a portrait lense such as the AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D as i love taking pics of my 4 year old (over 12000 taken so far so am well rehearsed. Anyway i wont waffle i would just appreciate feedback on your experiences on lenses this one in particular if anyone can help....:)

TK

paulc1

Novice Member
Sorry terry, I cannot comment on the lense that you mention, however, I got a nikkor 80-200 f2.8 ed afs for my d70 and have not been able to use anything else since putting it on the camera...uber impressed.:thumbsup:

Steve N

Distinguished Member
I'm new to DSLR and have been looking to see what lenses I should be looking at for my D80.
I've found this site really good for Nikon reviews:

http://www.bythom.com/nikon.htm

chris1210

Novice Member
The 50mm 1.8 would be my next purchase yes, for £70-80 its a steal, and youll find yourself using it a lot more than you may well expect, because its pin sharp, has lovely bokeh, and is just perfect for low light conditions.

grantsteve

The 50mm 1.8 would be my next purchase yes, for £70-80 its a steal, and youll find yourself using it a lot more than you may well expect, because its pin sharp, has lovely bokeh, and is just perfect for low light conditions.
I'll second that ... its an absolute cracker of a lens for portraits, and at 70 odd quid (maybe even less now) its a real bargain.

Liquid101

Distinguished Member
I have the 50mm 1.8 for my D50.

Fantastic lens, pin sharp, lovely for portraits.. great in low level natural light - it's a must have lens.

T

TerryKK

That pretty much answers that then thanks for all of your advice peeps :thumbsup:

TK

blicky_1

I'll second that ... its an absolute cracker of a lens for portraits, and at 70 odd quid (maybe even less now) its a real bargain.

Yep, I purchased one to use at my wedding on the back of recommendations on these forums and all I can say is WOW what a lens for the price. Got mine from Microglobe btw.....