Which LED or LCD for £500'ish

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by loser40, Jan 5, 2012.

1. loser40

loser40

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi...

Im looking for an LED or LCD TV for around £500, I used to have a 50" plasma which my ex took, so thats the size screen I am used too, although I guess going down to a 47" would be OK, any smaller may seem strange and be a hard sell...any biger would be amazing but unlikely at this budget.

I want LED/LCD so I have the option of connecting a PC.

I understand that I may have to spend more than £500.

The only real feature that would appeal is if the new TV had built-in iPlayer etc - I can see that being very handy. A deal that included a stand would be handy too, and a decent warranty/guarantee would be nice to have... but none of these are deal breakers.

The only thing I MUST avoid this time around is a telly with a highly reflective glass screen - the old plasma LG was like a mirror which I found ultra annoying.

So, what do you guys think - what are my options ?

TIA,

Mark.

2. davidcharles

davidcharles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +258
    i would suggest a Samsung LCD but they tend to have "shiny" coatings to help with contrast, which you may not like...

perhaps look at a Sony 46ex503...my parents have one and its excellent, matt screen, excellent HD picture, good freeview picture and decent sound....its not that thin though as its an LCD and it is a year or so old now but that might mean you get it fairly cheap.

a 46" Samsung D7000 or D8000 would be perfect but shiny screen and £1.5k ish price tag may offend..!!!!