Which lcd_SONY BRAVIA KDL-32W4000 LCD,Panasonic Viera TX32LZD85 LCD TV for pc

dodio

Novice Member
Reaction score
I need help:lease: in selecting,between these 2 lcd,As a monitor for my pc.I have got a BFG nvidia geforce 8800 Gtx,and use a dvi,hdmi cable to conect to the lcd,Any other cable i would need.

I use virgin media,and conect it by scart.

SONY BRAVIA KDL-32W4000 LCD

Panasonic Viera TX32LZD85 LCD TV

Thanks from dodio:)

Any one looking for good prices for lcd tv,There is a website

http://www.zettavolt.co.uk/

Well only the word top can describe both as they are the 32" leaders.The panasonic has 100Hz which is an advantage,however the 32W4000 still has very good motion withought any problems.The panasonic is more expensive too and AFAIK the retailers selling it at the £750 mark dont offer additional warranty,and the cheapest £700 price for 32W4000 offers also 5 year warranty and JL PM ability.An other thing into consideration is some backlight bleed problems with the LZD85 series.

To CHRISGEO:thumbsup:

Thanks for the email,I will by the SONY BRAVIA KDL-32W4000 LCD,As i will using a dvi to hdmi cable for the video card conection,Can i use my speakers on my pc for sound,If not,What cable do i need to buy for sound.

You mean use the tv speakers or your current pc speakers?

To CHRISGEO:thumbsup:

I want to use my pc speakers,If i want to use the tv speakers,Do i have to buy a nother cable,to get sound from the pc,To the lcd tv.

Thanks from dodio:)

Not sure but I think an optical cable will be needed,not sure though

I'm also interested in a KDL-32W4000 for use with set-top boxes, games consoles, and PC.

My first question concerns using the KDL-32W4000 with a PC:

- If I output DVI from the graphics gard - HDMI input on the TV, will I get 'overscan' or will the pixels be 1:1 mapped? Since this will be used as a 'monitor' among other things, this is an important feature for me.

Secondly, what type of panel is this? TN/ VA/ IPS, etc?

Thirdly, does anyone know about the response time for games and how well it works with consoles (e.g. PS3).

Lastly, what is the 24p performance like with Bluray, etc.?

TIA
James :cool:

You will get full 1:1 pixel mapping withought overscan.Its an S-PVA panel,there are no problems with ps3.Excellent 24p withought judder

How good can I expect PC output over HDMI to be compared to a dedicated PC monitor? Is clarity of text, etc going to be ok compared to a regular monitor?

Cheers,
James :cool:

Its going to be OK,I dont know how much the difference would be with a monitor though

I got my KDL 32W4000 a few days ago and I'm using it primarily as a PC monitor hooked up to a 8400GS card via DVI to HDMI cable. I get 1:1 pixel mapping at 1920x1080 resolution. I can also get the same resolution through the VGA port (PC port) on the TV though the quality of the picture is marginaly better through the HDMI port. Compared to my previous dedicated PC monitor (21" DELL crt display) quality of PC picture is slightly down though not by much. Considering this is not a dedicated PC monitor that is quite understandable. On the other hand this could also be down to my graphics card as at lower resolution it gives better colours whereas at 1920x1080 they tend to wash out. After all it is just a basic card. As a PC monitor this TV performs very well indeed and the real estate screen you get from 32" is huge.

=================================

I have now upgraded my graphics card to HD4870 and cannot see a discernable difference in the picture. This ATI card was a bit fiddlier to set up for 1:1 pixel mapping whereas the Nvidia one would do it automaticaly.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom