Which LCD

nick.ballard

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help please?

I am about to purchase an LCD TV to use with Sky HD, DVDs etc but not with terrestrial.

My short, short list is:

Toshiba 37WLT66 from Sound & Vision at £1,028
Samsung LE40R73BD from Dixons online at £1,120
SONY KDL40V2000 from Multizonav.com at £1,511

I ideally want to pay as little as possible and get as many inches for my £... I don't really want to pay £1,500 for the Sony but saw the 32" version yesterday and it was fantastic and can get that for £1,050 from multizone...

A dilemma - I think that I am erring for the Tosh as it has twin HDMI and good write ups - but don’t want to repent at leisure...

What do you think?

Thanks
Nick

I'm in exactly the same boat Nick (see my earlier thread).
I'm probably going to go for the Tosh after a lot of reseach but it will be interesting to see what people recommend and what you decide too.
Cheers.

Yes we'll see - but I will probably decide tomorrow as I am having HD installed on Thursday and would like it in place by then.

I'm sure they are all first rate but is the Sony worth the extra £500? probably when you consider the number of of hours I will spend in front of it over the next year or so....

Thanks anyway..
Nick

I'm curious, what leans people towards lcd? Because I would suggest plasma in the larger sizes, for PQ and vfm. jmho.:)

(btw - I do have lcd tv's as well as plasma)

I did look at Plasma's and was tempted by the Panasonic as you can get a 37 or 42" at a very reasonable price. In the end it's the brightness - my sitting room has big windows at either end and so I figured that LCD would be more appropriate than Plasma - but I'm prepared to be persuaded:) ....

Thanks

Nick

nick.ballard said:
I did look at Plasma's and was tempted by the Panasonic as you can get a 37 or 42" at a very reasonable price. In the end it's the brightness - my sitting room has big windows at either end and so I figured that LCD would be more appropriate than Plasma - but I'm prepared to be persuaded:) ....

Thanks

Nick

Nick, I found this forum looking for advice on a 32" lcd because i thought plasma was old technology and lcd was the future. However after much reading i bought a 42" pwd7 (only £1k) plasma and have never looked back. Plasma seems to be slightly better in terms of PQ and vfm to me.

I have ours in a living room with south facing windows and sunlight is not a problem. We do have black venetian blinds that we keep closed in the summer to keep cool.....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom