Which LCD

nick.ballard

Standard Member
Can anyone help please?

I am about to purchase an LCD TV to use with Sky HD, DVDs etc but not with terrestrial.

My short, short list is:

Toshiba 37WLT66 from Sound & Vision at £1,028
Samsung LE40R73BD from Dixons online at £1,120
SONY KDL40V2000 from Multizonav.com at £1,511

I ideally want to pay as little as possible and get as many inches for my £... I don't really want to pay £1,500 for the Sony but saw the 32" version yesterday and it was fantastic and can get that for £1,050 from multizone...

A dilemma - I think that I am erring for the Tosh as it has twin HDMI and good write ups - but don’t want to repent at leisure...

What do you think?

Thanks
Nick

W

Wired For Sound

I'm in exactly the same boat Nick (see my earlier thread).
I'm probably going to go for the Tosh after a lot of reseach but it will be interesting to see what people recommend and what you decide too.
Cheers.

nick.ballard

Standard Member
Yes we'll see - but I will probably decide tomorrow as I am having HD installed on Thursday and would like it in place by then.

I'm sure they are all first rate but is the Sony worth the extra £500? probably when you consider the number of of hours I will spend in front of it over the next year or so....

Thanks anyway..
Nick

dickst3

Novice Member
I'm curious, what leans people towards lcd? Because I would suggest plasma in the larger sizes, for PQ and vfm. jmho.:)

(btw - I do have lcd tv's as well as plasma)

nick.ballard

Standard Member
I did look at Plasma's and was tempted by the Panasonic as you can get a 37 or 42" at a very reasonable price. In the end it's the brightness - my sitting room has big windows at either end and so I figured that LCD would be more appropriate than Plasma - but I'm prepared to be persuaded:) ....

Thanks

Nick

dickst3

Novice Member
nick.ballard said:
I did look at Plasma's and was tempted by the Panasonic as you can get a 37 or 42" at a very reasonable price. In the end it's the brightness - my sitting room has big windows at either end and so I figured that LCD would be more appropriate than Plasma - but I'm prepared to be persuaded:) ....

Thanks

Nick
Nick, I found this forum looking for advice on a 32" lcd because i thought plasma was old technology and lcd was the future. However after much reading i bought a 42" pwd7 (only £1k) plasma and have never looked back. Plasma seems to be slightly better in terms of PQ and vfm to me.

I have ours in a living room with south facing windows and sunlight is not a problem. We do have black venetian blinds that we keep closed in the summer to keep cool.....