1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which LCD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by heyzy, Aug 10, 2005.

1. heyzy

heyzy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After reading loads iam still undecided what t.v to go for.Ive whittled it down to either
    Panasonic TX-32LXD500
    JVC LT32DS6
    JVC LT37DM6
    Ive been looking into buying a 32" but with the JVC LT37DM6 you get a free stand which makes the cost near the same as 32" +Alphason stand.Ill will have a veiwing distance of about 8ft and will be using it for my NTL box and DVD's.
    Which LCD do you think will be best for my needs.I also will be watching alot of Football a friend said i would be best with a plasma because you get less motion blur.Please help me decide.Thanks in advance.

2. dicko17

dicko17

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i had the same dillema , which of these three to go for and also the 37" panasonic plasma 500 range , i decided to go for the 37" size but when i viewed the jvc against the panasonic i thought that the panasonic won on picture quality and also looked better made , i thought the jvc looked cheap next to the panny , i still haven't bought the panny as i wanted to check out the new sony's before i commited myself , i know that sony aren't doing a 37" but i was hoping the 40" lcd may just fit in my room depending on how big its physical size is.

3. jriihi

jriihi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Panasonic 37" 500 series plasma cost quite lot.. Well ok i have been mainly comparing it to 32" lcd or 50 series plasma..

4. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Does the 37DS6 not include a stand? Personally, I wouldn't pay the extra just for a card reader and some software to create a slideshow.

5. heyzy

heyzy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. dicko17

dicko17

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    According To The New Jvc Catalogue The Lt-37dm6 Is Described As "super Deluxe Lcd Idtv Equipped With Fast Response Lcd Panel Driver" Whereas The Lt-37ds6 Is Described As Just "deluxe Lcd Idtv" .
    I'm Presuming From This Description That The M Has Got The Much Better Screen , Which Would Make Sense Seeing As Its Approx £400-£500 Extra , I Can't Just See The Extra Dosh Being Just For A Card Reader.

7. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Well of course they're going to say that - it'd be suicidal marketing if they didn't try and make out that the DM was a much better dispay, seeing as it costs more.
    I'd love to know what other changes there are, but I honestly don't believe a different panel is involved. Maybe closer toleranced components in the drive electronics or a case of it being an A grade chassis, and the DS being a B grade chassis after the chassis have been tested and graded accordingly.
    A bit like the way in which Philips' A grade tubes are bought by B&O, who then retest and reject those not within B&O's specs.

8. heyzy

heyzy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone got one of the above LCDsWhich one would you recommend for the Football.

9. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    I had an email back from JVC who said the following about the differences between the DS6 and DM6 models:

"Thank you for your inquiry. These two units are indentical in specification
    but LT-37DM6 has a Multi memory card slot as an additional feature, that's
    all"