1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which LCD TV under £900

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by chrisrich, Jun 10, 2004.

1. chrisrich

chrisrich
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

This is my first post though I've been reading a bit over the last few days. I have a budget of under £900 to replace my TV that blew up last week (Best thing that ever happened - Got all £359 back after 2.5 years :). I have narrowed my search down to 2 or 3 televisions.

The main contenders are:
    Samsung LW-22A13WX - £835
    LG RZ-23LZ20 - £795

The rank outsider due to smaller resolution:
    Panasonic TX22LT2 - £850

This will be our main TV until we move house, hopefully in the next couple of months, when it will be replaced with a 32" LCD (Possibly Panasonic TH-32LXD depending on what else is about at the time). At this point it will move either to the bedroom or my study depending on who wins the argument.

Does anyone have any opinions on which of these is better I have found a lot on here about the Samsung but hardly anything on the LG. I have seen the Samsung in the shops, but the LG does not seam to be available in the high street (It’s also not on LGe.co.uk I’m assuming it’s a non UK TV).

I’m finding the LG tempting, it’s a 23” not 22” and I get to save £40, which I could use to buy a wall bracket.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Chris

2. nealb

nealb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I got a Philips 23" LCD a few weeks back and have to say it's brilliant.

I would have thought the LG would be based on prety much the same thing, more than likely the same screen. As far as I can remember their LCD TV's used to be fairly similar in mechanics - just the outside and zappers that were different.

The only grumble I would say is that it is lacking in some contrast, not too much details in dark areas but at least in room conditions it doesn't look grey.