which lcd tv has good sound quality?

Martin68

I have listened to the sound on many flat panel tv's, and even though the picture quality is superb on many of them, the sound lets them down as being very flat, under powerd and tinny with such small built in speakers.

I currently own a Panasonic TX-32LXD1 32" LCD and in my oppinion this is the only flat panel tv I have heard with such rich good sound quality, the bass is superb!

However my Panasonic dose not support HDMI and i am looking for a 37" screen, but i don't want to comprimise on sound quality.

Can anyone please suggest a 37" make and model which has a superb picture and superb rich sound quality?

Gumpy Joe

I have listened to the sound on many flat panel tv's, and even though the picture quality is superb on many of them, the sound lets them down as being very flat, under powerd and tinny with such small built in speakers.

I currently own a Panasonic TX-32LXD1 32" LCD and in my oppinion this is the only flat panel tv I have heard with such rich good sound quality, the bass is superb!

However my Panasonic dose not support HDMI and i am looking for a 37" screen, but i don't want to comprimise on sound quality.

Can anyone please suggest a 37" make and model which has a superb picture and superb rich sound quality?

I have an 32LZD80 and I think this has better sound quality than the Samsungs and Sony's in it's class so I'm assuming the newer Panasonic's "should" have the same, if not better sound.

sinistro

Maybe the new philips serie 9. What I have heard so far they have very good pq and sound.

Though for me the sound of a tv is the less important as a tv for me is image and for sound I take a home cinema. Each has its purpose.

Martin68

the sound on the tv itself is very important for me in this instance because i intend to use this tv in my conservatory mainly for watching normal tv programs on (i watch films in the other room with 5.1) and i do not want the bother of having extra speakers, extra amplifiers, extra remote controls, and then the bother of having to switch it on every time i want to watch tv, i can see myself not bothering switching on a 5.1 amp, and just putting up with the inbuilt tv sound, that is why i want that in built sound to be really good, at least as good as my current Panasonic, which has it's speakers built into bass reflex boxes inside the set, many lcd sets just have the speakers in the cabinet without any enclosed bass reflex boxes, and they sound tinny, weak and squeeky to say the least.
I agree about Samsungs having crap sound, i went to a friends house, they had just bought a Samsung 50" plasma with all the bells and whissles apart from sound power. its a 50" tv with the sound output of a crt portable! (i say crt portable because they are better than lcd portables for sound!)

I'm thinking Panasonic may be the one to go for. I would steer away from Philips, they have too many bugs, and things to go wrong with them!

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom