• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which LCD to go for?!?!

Sc0ward

Standard Member
Right im after either a 37" or 40" its main use is gaming so im lead to believe i need one with the 100mhz flow, is this right? :confused:

The things im connecting are gonna be my xbox360 elite, possibly Sky HD and alos a PS3 or Blu-Ray player (dunno which to go for, is the PS3 just as good as a normal blu ray player)

Budget im looking at is between £500 and at a push £800, just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction here?

Thanks again

Sc0ward

Right im after either a 37" or 40" its main use is gaming so im lead to believe i need one with the 100mhz flow, is this right? :confused:

The things im connecting are gonna be my xbox360 elite, possibly Sky HD and alos a PS3 or Blu-Ray player (dunno which to go for, is the PS3 just as good as a normal blu ray player)

Budget im looking at is between £500 and at a push £800, just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction here?
Thanks again

Sc0ward

Personally I would have thought that 100hz or Motionflow is the last thing you want for gaming.

I would have thought that any image processing is only going to increase lag dramatically.

Sc0ward

Standard Member
Personally I would have thought that 100hz or Motionflow is the last thing you want for gaming.

I would have thought that any image processing is only going to increase lag dramatically.

Ah right i see, so is there any recomendations u have?
Ive heard the 37" panels sometimes have bad panels this correct?
I read abit about the KDL37W5500 this any good for me needs?
Also will the PS3 be a good blu ray player??

Last edited:

duncfunk

Prominent Member
Well if gaming is a priority then the best brands are LG, Panasonic and Toshiba

Panasonic have no issues with poor 37" panels so you could look at the 37S10. You could also get an LG 42LH3000 or Toshiba 42XV635 for around £600 too. This years Samsung and Sonys haven't been getting particularly good feedback for gaming.

rao

Standard Member
Ah right i see, so is there any recomendations u have?
Ive heard the 37" panels sometimes have bad panels this correct?
I read abit about the KDL37W5500 this any good for me needs?
Also will the PS3 be a good blu ray player??

If you want to go with Sony I hear the V model (only main difference is lack of 100hz Motionflow) is fine for gaming. There is a review here which mentions gaming:
Sony KDL-32V5500 LCD HDTV Review at AVForums.com

I don't know however about the issues with the 37inch range of the Vs, I've only been looking at the 32inch range.

I hear the PS3 is actually one of the best blue-ray players out there. :thumbsup: But here's some more detailed breakdowns for you:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/blu-ray-players/983544-blu-ray-stand-alone-player-ps3.html
http://www.avforums.com/forums/blu-ray-players/1012943-how-good-ps3-blu-ray-player.html

Outside of Sony if gaming is the top priority and you play a lot of FPS then the LG is supposed to have the lowest lag.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom