Which LCD to buy? Panasonic TX37LZD80 or Sony KDL40V3000U?

Jamesd37

Standard Member
Hi guys, this will be my first thread i believe but i have been reading reviews and keeping track with stuff on here for months

Im finally upgrading my home entertainment system, And i am torn between these two sets. I used to work in a large Comet store so i have seen both in action and played about with them alot using a variety of settings and players etc, i just cant decide which would work best for me.

What i will be using them for is a Toshiba EP30 hd dvd player and Xbox 360

It hardly ever be used for watching normaly tv, mostly dvds/hd dvds. Sound quality is not too important as im buying a sony 5.1 system to go with it.

Im going to be about 8ft away from it and it isnt going to be wall mounted.
Atm i like the panasonic as i think the colours are alot better especially with HD material, but the sony is slightly bigger and apparently alot more popular.

I know that the panasonic isnt too strong in black levels but i can get over that.

Any advice would be much appreciated

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
Yeah they are the best at this price range I would celect the the 40V3000 because of the bigger size and the better blacks

Timdog

Have you considered the Panasonic 37PX80 (or even the 42PX80)? The plasma would be my personal preference.

Jamesd37

Standard Member
they are nice tvs and i would ideally like a plasma, But i would want a 1080p one, and there is quite a considerable price jump

perhaps this one though Panasonic Th-42PZ80B, is only about £880, and is a plasma

Halloween

Standard Member
Yeah they are the best at this price range I would celect the the 40V3000 because of the bigger size and the better blacks

Better blacks? I've seen both and the Panasonic is far superior is every sense, the only thing the Sony has over the Panasonic is price and 3 inches.

I've read a lot of your posts on here all pro Sony no matter what the thread, its becoming tiresome and I think the Moderators should take action as you are clogging the forum with bias posts.

If you are happy with your set up fair enough but you seem to be misleading a lot of forumistas out there with your Sony propaganda. Please reign it in.

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
I am really sorry to see an attack again with obviously no reason.Always when saying my opinion I support it,I am not just suggesting and leave withought any reason.The forumistas can judge me and say if I am making a propaganda or not.If you dont agree with my opinion then just ignore me.I am trying to help with my findings and my opinions.You will not say to me which brand I will suggest as its my opinion,because you dont like sony in this case.The moderators will say if I am biased not you

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom