Which LCD Monitor should i Buy?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by mattressback, Mar 15, 2006.

1. mattressback

mattressback

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    hi, im after a new monitor but there seems to be so many to choose from. I only want a 17inch one and my gut instinct says go for the

Viewsonic VX724 with its 3ms response time etc. I have however read mixed reviews regarding viewsonic reliabilty, ie dead pixels

anyone make a reccomendation? the NEC 70GX2 looks good but is a whopping £250 and thats a bit much that for a 17incher

help me

mike

2. semiskimmed

semiskimmed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +259
    why get a 17inch screen when you can get a 19" screen for less than £250 and it will perform very well?
    take a look at the samsung 913n, it gets rave reviews all over and i and a few others use it on here and its such a great monitor. dont let the fact that its not got DVI put you off, the vga chip in this monitor is second to none and performs equally as good as most dvi monitors

3. booyaka

booyaka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,574
    bang on the money - got the 913N sammy and it's superb - no ghosting, no problems , no dead pixels, superb for the money - dead easy to setup.:thumbsup:

Bargin for about £185 from various places - ebuyer (check out the amount of positive reviews), overclockers, scan etc.

Also check out http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301511
    thread for a month of so ago about peoples tfts for gaming etc.

4. shacky

shacky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i just bought the 19" hyundai L90D+ £250 AND IT IS ABSOLUTLY FANTASTIC, sorry i never bought this earlier, i held back to see what was around the corner but after reading countless reviews about it and some of the latest lower ms monitors that still dont come close to it performance . this monitor comes very well recomended for GAMING... AND ALL THAT PRAISE IS JUSTIFIED. on some games (latest ones) now and again i would get a little jerkyness on my 17" goodmans lcd but this monitor has stopped all this . ( i never knew that a monitor could cause this). anyway if u want a good lcd and can afford it you will be absolutly over the moon with this. happy hunting friend... by the way MICRODIRECT OR ARIA SELL THEM .i would use microdirect if i were you.

5. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,242
    I've got the same Hyundai monitor and very pleased with it :thumbsup: I bought mine from Aria and splashed out the extra to get the "no dead pixels guarantee".

6. mgns

mgns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    The Samsung 930bf has DVI and 4ms response time. You should be able to pick it up for around £230/240. A lot of people really like it but you can trawl the net for hours looking at different monitor reviews - there doesn't really seem to be an outright choice.

I agree with the others - 19in monitors are a vast improvement on 17in, especially as the price difference isn't that big now.

mgns