1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which LCD: LG RZ37LZ31 vs Toshiba 37WLT58

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by 4bp, Oct 25, 2005.

Tags:
  1. 4bp

4bp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi

i was wondering if someone can give me some help. i am about to buy my first lcd and have narrowed it down to the above 2 screens. i have about 2k to spend and i want a 37" as i dont have room for anything bigger. i will be using my ps2, sky+ and dvd with it.

i have seen the lg with high def demo in dixons and it is awesome, but i believe it only has 1 scart socket. is this correct??

i have not seen the toshiba in action yet, has anyone else? whats it like?
    i really dont know what to do? what is the general consensus on these two screens? is one superior to the other? if anyone has either please can u let me know what experienece with each screen has been like.

the only other screen i have been looking at is the panny 37pv500, but i am put off by the low res and the price. should i consider this screen again? or are either of the 2 lcds a better bet?

i appreciate everyone taking time to help me as i have been going in circles for at least 2 month snow and do not know what to do!!!!
    :lease: help me!!!
    thanks
    dan

2. Deano70

Deano70
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the LGRZ37LZ31 yes it only has 1 scart, it depends what equipment you have, luckily i have Sky+ connected to the Scart the dvd recorder connected to component and my dvd player connected to the DVI input, I have a spare component input left.
    Picture quality is very good the only niggle is it takes about 2-3 secs to switch inputs, I have posted a picture of my set up on about page 2-3 LCD section.

3. 4bp

4bp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    does anyone have any suggestions which lcd to buy? i have 2k to spend but only have room for 37". the only criteria i need is to be hd ready and have enough connections for sky+, dvd and ps2/3
    any suggestions will be welcome
    thanks