1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which LCD for my DVDR

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jimboexrad, Sep 6, 2005.

1. jimboexrad

jimboexrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    New to this forum. I've seen some very helpful replies here, so I hope someone might help me. I've recently bought a Pioneer DVR 433H recorder. It has lots of connections - 2 scarts, component video out, Optical digital audio jack (??) Stereo analog audio and S-video, DV in (??), composite. The ??s are where I don't know what they're for. I've been looking at 26" LCD TVs (no room for bigger + I probably couldn't afford it). The Samsungs (LE26R41B, LE26R41BD & LE26R51BD) look great value, but I'm a bit worried about the 2 x 5W speakers. Will they be enough? The JVC LT26C50BJ also looks OK but I don't know what "3D" sound is. Is it as good as virtual surround? I even looked at the Dell W2600. The Sharp LC26GE5E is the only one I've looked at that I don't know if it is "HD ready" as I think the others are. As you might have guessed from the equipment listed, I can't afford much more than around £750. If anyone has tried any of the above machines, I'd be grateful for an opinion, or any advice at all on what might be suitable. By the way, I'm not a gamer.