Which laptop with pen support (reasonably priced)

sraper

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Looking for a laptop that supports a pen for my daughter while she is doing her GCSEs and A levels.
Maximum spend is ideally £1000.
13"-15"
256 or 512 ssd
8Gb memory (preferably upgradeble)
Just for school work and SIMS 4

As she has and iphone, iWatch, and iPad tempted to go for the cheapest current MacBook but I'm a Windows person so does anyone have a good Windows laptop that they can suggest instead

Serves me right for not fully doing research. It appears that only the iPad pros supports drawing with apple pencil.

My daughter is looking for a proper laptop/2-in-1 with attached keyboard so she can do homework on her laptop but has drawing/handwriting support for when the mood takes her!

She has just suggested a ms surface laptop 4 which is more than planning but thankfully can get with studen pricing.

normal iPad also support the pen if not too old, you dont need the pro - I have 2 one from 2020 and one from 2019 neither are Pro's . Newer one supports both 1st and 2nd gen apple pen I think, one from 2019 only the older pen. Neither of which I have as I bought a logitec pen which was cheaper and more in line with what I wanted. My Son draws using it.

Sadly her current ipad is too old - or is that thankfully. Hopefully means I can scratch the MacBook idea and focus on a Windows laptop or 2in1

Surface pro
My wife has one and my daughter doesn't like it as too flimsy and says not comfortable when she tries to use it on her lapt

Have you had a look at HP Envy range ?

After looking at the Envy I just picked up one of these. Due to arrive on Friday. It includes the Stylus. My other options that I looked at was HP Spectre & Envy, Dell XPS and Samsung Galaxy Pro 360. Huawei also have Matebook but its preorder at the moment. The Spectre and XPS have just had new models released so older stock is being discounted at the moment, still great bits of kit. The Asus is 2020 model but on paper and YouTube reviews looks like it edges the HP and Dell out on value but it loses gorilla glass which is a shame.

Asus also have the Duo which is currently reduced from £1,500 to £1,000. But it a weird form factor in that it has a full size touch screen, then top have of the keyboard is another touch screen with pen, touchpad is on the bottom right and the keyboard is shrunk down in bottom middle and left.

If you want just a touch screen and not a 2 in 1 then my younger one has a Ideapad touchscreen which is being for art GCSE and other stuff.

Amazon product ASIN B08CR52VYJ

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom