Which Laptop should I get ???

ArnieStafford

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Looking to buy a laptop from either PC World or just online but really not sure what I should be looking for, I want a laptop to meet my needs but I only have a £650 budget, and it HAS to be a laptop not PC as I don't have the room for a desktop, sadly :( !!

The system will be used with the following programmes and needs to be able to handle them more than comfortably...

1: FL Studio XXL Producer Edition + RefX Nexus & Other plugins...

2: Needs to be able to do more than one task, i.e. I will need to be using internet same time as producing music & also exporting completed songs into MP3 format whilst sampling the track...

3: Occasional gaming, stuff like call of duty - black ops, etc etc nothing too demanding!

Someone please reply to this thread and give me some ideas :D

(sub note)

I have my eye on this but not sure if it will stand up to my requirements...

HP Pavilion dv6-3182ea 15.6" Laptop - Black Cherry at cheap prices | PC World

What do you think ??

If you're happy to buy online then I'd consider this:

Acer Aspire 5750G LX.RAZ02.097

The graphics card is far better than most other laptops around the £600 mark, plus compared to the HP in your link it has the newer architecture processor.
4GB RAM should be enough for FL and VSTs, though obviously if you have too many channels with intensive VSTs you will use a lot more memory.

thats quite nice - where were you in my thread? :p

I bought a Dell XPS 15 - i5-480m, 420m GPU, 4GB RAM and 500GB HDD. It was £599, minus a £70 voucher, minus 6% quidco, so comes to just under £500 delivered. should I cancel and get the acer instead? Its just for kids/family but that's sandy bridge, plus the GPU should be better.

Last edited:
Just cancelled my Dell and ordered that Acer, thanks Iccz. Ordered at 4.01pm, got a text from them at 4:20 saying its being dispatched for a Saturday delivery :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom