• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

which laptop should i get

hitman08

Standard Member
HP DV6-2010sa 15.6" widescreen laptop

Operating system Genuine Windows (R) 7 Home Premium
Processor Type AMD Athlon II Dual Core M320
Processor speed 2.1 Ghz The higher the number of Megahertz (MHZ) the faster the processor should be
Memory Size 3GB MB
Memory Type DDR3
Hard Drive Capacity 250 GB The bigger the capacity the more you can store
Optical Drives Lightscribe Super Multi DVD-RW
Floppy Disk Drive NO Floppy disks are 3.5" square and store a small amount of data. CDs,DVDs and memory sticks are now usually used instead
Screen Size/Type 15.6 Diagonal HD Brightview
Graphics Card Type ATI Radeon HD 3200 To enable images to be displayed on your monitor
Graphics Memory up to 1470 MB The higher the memory the better quality images you are display
TV-out YES Allowing you to plug your laptop into a TV to watch DVDs
Sound Type Altec Lansing integrated speak To enable you to have sound from your computer which is great for games, movies and music
Modem Type 10/100/100 gigabit Ethernet Enabling communication with others via the telephone line. A modem is used for the Internet, e-mail and faxing
Wireless Enabled YES Allows you to connect to an existing wireless network such as in a office or a wireless hot spot
No. of USB Connections 4 The more connections the computer has the more equipment you can connect to your computer e.g. a modem, printer, scanner, digital camera, PDA
No. of Firewire Connections 0 High speed data transfer link for digital video and other media. Ideal for quickly downloading video images from a camcorder to PC
Infrared Port Included NO Allowing you to connect to other devices with infrared such as an infrared enabled mobile phone
Other Interfaces 5in1 integrated digital media
Battery Type 6 cell li-On
Battery life (up to) 4.25 hours
Software Titles Included Works, Office H&S Trial
Weight 2.88 kg This is the weight of the appliance in KG
Height 4.2 mm
Width 38 mm
Depth 26 mm
Colour Black

or

Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop

Operating system Genuine Windows (R) 7 Home Premium
Processor Type Intel Pentium Dual-Core processor T4300
Processor speed (2.10Ghz, 800Mhz, 1MB Cache) The higher the number of Megahertz (MHZ) the faster the processor should be
Memory Size 3GB MB
Memory Type ddr2 800 mhz
Hard Drive Capacity 250 GB The bigger the capacity the more you can store
Optical Drives DVD/RW
Floppy Disk Drive NO Floppy disks are 3.5" square and store a small amount of data. CDs,DVDs and memory sticks are now usually used instead
Screen Size/Type 15.6
Graphics Card Type Intel 4 Series Integrated To enable images to be displayed on your monitor
Graphics Memory Shared Memory MB The higher the memory the better quality images you are display
TV-out NO Allowing you to plug your laptop into a TV to watch DVDs
Sound Type 2 Integrated To enable you to have sound from your computer which is great for games, movies and music
Wireless Enabled YES Allows you to connect to an existing wireless network such as in a office or a wireless hot spot
No. of USB Connections 3 The more connections the computer has the more equipment you can connect to your computer e.g. a modem, printer, scanner, digital camera, PDA
Infrared Port Included NO Allowing you to connect to other devices with infrared such as an infrared enabled mobile phone
Other Interfaces Card reader, VGA
Battery Type 4 cell
Battery life (up to) 2 hours
Weight 2.64 kg This is the weight of the appliance in KG
Width 374 mm
Colour black

Will it play football manager 2010 also and is there any laptop out there better than the 2 listed for around 450 pounds?

Fe_man2000

Prominent Member
well this might not be what you want but I have a just got a acer for £469

Now I had a HP DV6 model before and was going to get the same type of thing but while the HP build quailty is very good the spec's were kinda low for the same money

first of the Acer was 17" 1600x900 screen (and its very good IMO)
It has a full keyboard
4GB RAM
500GB HD
DVD drive as normal
AMD M300 dual core cpu (one of there newest versions) at 2Ghz I thnk
512Md ATI 5370 Gfx card - not the best but good enough for most 3d games at this res at a lot better than the one on the HP you mention.
HDMI output
Good speakers - this was a surprize bonus, compared to the HP ones there amazing.

So far I am more than happy with it and the HP is gathering Dust. Might be too big for you but I avoided Acer like the plague before but I am a convert now.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom