Which Lamb album ?

E

Exeter Man

Hey guys,

James45 recommended Lamb to me in an old thread, but I wasn't able to beg/steal/borrow any of their stuff at the time. Kind of forgot about them, but caught one of their tracks on The Amp a couple of weeks ago (can't remember title), and I was pretty impressed :)

I've now upgraded them from beg/steal/borrow to BUY BUY BUY, but I don't know which album to go for :confused:

Recommedations/comments much appreciated.

Regards

AMG gives 4.5 stars to all of them so your spoilt for choice. The self titled debut is supposed to be the best starter buy.

i'd recommend "fear of fours",great album and a great workout for your subwoofer.

ExeterMan, (hey, I was in Exteter last night:laugh: ), I'm a big fan of Lamb and it's true to say that all of their albums have been superb. If I was to recommend only one though, it would depend on the style you prefer.
Their debut album (titled just that) is still one of my favourites, rooted firmly in drum & bass with a couple chunky downtempo tracks and one fine fine chilled violin style record called Zero.
Fear of Fours, thats a much more hectic album, more uptempo than all of their other releases and although I'm well into drum & bass, for me this is my least favourite of their albums (although alot of people would probably dissagree there).
What Sound, would come close to being my favourite Lamb album, along with Debut. More relaxed and electronic than previous releases and moving away from the drum & bass sound they previously had. A beautiful album and perfect for late nights and chilled sundays:smoke:
Between Darkness and Wonder, their most recent album. In a slightly similar vein to What Sound. But even so it's a crackin album in its own right and I wouldn't say its so similar that it's not worth buying. Another great album and proving that theres plenty life left in Lamb yet and hopefully more great albums to come:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

By the way, I bet once you've but one album, you'll soon be hunting down the others, unique and irrisitable sound:smashin:

Tetlee,

Hope you had a good one in Exeter last night :smashin:

I'm a big fan of Portishead and Massive Attack (especially Blue Lines and Protection), and I guess Lamb would fall into the same genre. Reckon i'm going to start with their first album, and work my way through.

Thanks everyone. Will order for £5.99 from 101cd tomorrow (can't do it today as i've been adhering to the anti-BPI campaign), and give some feedback when i've got it.

Regards

Good Idea:D I would say "hope you enjoy it", but there's no need, you will!!

At last !!!

After 2 months of waiting, I finally received a copy of their first album on Monday. Listened to it a couple of times, and i'm impressed - a great sound that isn't quite the same as anything else in my collection.

Thanks for the advice guys - the Forum has come up trumps again :clap:

I will be working my way through their other albums during the coming weeks/months.

Regards

Originally posted by Exeter Man
At last !!!

After 2 months of waiting, I finally received a copy of their first album on Monday. Listened to it a couple of times, and i'm impressed - a great sound that isn't quite the same as anything else in my collection.

Thanks for the advice guys - the Forum has come up trumps again :clap:

I will be working my way through their other albums during the coming weeks/months.

Regards

Was worth the wait then hey!:thumbsup: , you'll be listening to that album for years to come if I'm anything to go by! So now you can either go through their other albums in order of release, or I would recommend getting What Sound next as IMO that album comes a real close second best to their debut;)

BTW, did you go see Tali in Exeter the other night as part of the Vibraphonic events? I'm gutted, completely forgot and have now missed Tali and TY :mad:

Tetlee,

Was going to work through in order of release, but had a bit of a bonus today, so I might order all of them at the same time :D

I had a good look through the Vibraphonic brochure before it started, and was a bit overwhelmed by the amount of choice. To be honest, I hadn't heard of most of the artists :blush:, so didn't fancy risking some of the ticket prices. Hotel Barcelona (Kino) have been hosting some free gigs as part of Vibraphonic - saw a jazz trio on Saturday night, but I found the whole thing a bit pretentious. This Friday is the last night, and i'll be giving Louise Rutkowski a try (again free at the Barcelona).

Regards

anything by the doves, tricky, massive attack, radiohead etc. because it all falls under "something different"

So should I turn up early to watch Lamb support Scissor Sisters on Saturday? Contrary to many I don't much like Portishead or Massive Attack, is it going to be trip hop all through or will they 'disco' things up for the live show?

Originally posted by Nello
So should I turn up early to watch Lamb support Scissor Sisters on Saturday? Contrary to many I don't much like Portishead or Massive Attack, is it going to be trip hop all through or will they 'disco' things up for the live show?

:laugh: If it was me I'd turn up extra early and go home after the Lamb set :thumbsup:

Yeah, I got it wrong anyway, Lamb are the last act on stage at 1am. Part of some Carling Live thing going on all day tomorrow across London. May as well stick about once I'm there.
A mate said Lamb are a bit like Sinaed O'Connor over Roni Size which must be worth a listen (even if it is just to see if he's right!)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom