1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which KEF TDM's for centre backs

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Too Tall, Jun 25, 2002.

1. Too Tall

Too Tall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I'm in the process of upgrading my HC to THX.

I've just bought a Denon A1SR, and am in the process of getting the Kef TDM speakers.

My first thought was to go for 4XTDM34DS's but a number of threads in the forum have said that using these di-poles as backs is not a good idea as you can not be sat in the null point of both speakers.

So now I'm confused. Would I be better off using a pair of TDM23F as backs instead?

I know that a lot of people say di-pole Vs direct raditors for backs is a matter of taste, but I can't find a shop that can set up both set ups for me to see which I like best.

Any thoughts? Has anyone done this? Am I being silly and should I just go with the 4X34DS's which a number of people swear by?

Thanks for reading my waffle, I hope someone can help.

Cheers,
    Too Tall.

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +829
    Hi

You could use the TDM fronts as surround backs as long as you´ve got the space needed, as you´ll know they´re pretty big.

Might be worth considering other speakers in the Kef range, something like a pair of RDM 1´s, whilst not an exact match they should do nicely and are smaller. I use a pair of Q85´s as space is limited and they work pretty well.

I can only suggest experimenting with the different speakers (if possible!!) to see which suits you best.

cheers