• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which Kef center for iQ5's?

IanD

Hi.

I have just picked up some Kef iQ5's in great condition and they sound great.

Obviously I am now looking for a matching center.

Which Kef center would work best with these speakers, the Q9c or iQ6c?

Thanks in advance, Ian.

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member
The iQ6c is the matching centre. If you have trouble finding one, you could consider the Q10c as an alternative, although my guess is that they're no easier to locate.

Member 116841

Distinguished Member
The iQ2 is the centre designed to be used with the iQ5's. The iQ6c will far outperform an iQ2c, and improve your system further if you can pick one up. Because of their UniQ design, either will work well with your existing speakers.

IanD

Many thanks for both of your replies.

Would the Q9c be overkill, as these seem to go for roughly the same price as the iQ6c here in Australia?

Thanks, Ian.

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member
Many thanks for both of your replies.

Would the Q9c be overkill, as these seem to go for roughly the same price as the iQ6c here in Australia?

Thanks, Ian.
When I wrote that the Q10c would be the alternative for an iQ6c, I did not make a typing mistake. The Q9c would be the alternative for an iQ2c.

xedas

In terms drivers used both IQ2c and IQ6c use the same drivers as the IQ5's, but these last are 3way.....so the best match (theoretical)should be the IQ6c because the IQ2c are (obviously 2way design).

I own a pair of IQ5's and recently add a chance to get a good price on a IQ2c, but i didn't......still waiting on a good deal for the IQ6c. Let's just say that the IQ2c seems a little "cheap".....so to speak. But that's just me.....:)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom