Which is the Biggest Club in England ?

dr no

dr no

Chelsea in 3rd. Happy with that :thumbsup:

John

Drop commercial rev, global fanbase trophy tally and England players. All nothing measurements

Change 2018 world cup players to all players who have played at a WC.

richp007

Distinguished Member
I demand a steward's enquiry on the fanbase.

Absolutely no way I'll ever be convinced we're behind Chelsea. Utd fair enough, but not Chelsea. We are definitely more global. Especially now in the US.

Far East too. Do I even need to mention Minnie the Maestro? :laugh:

And where the hell is TikTok?

Last edited:

JimmyMac

Distinguished Member
It’s all crap, why would champions league be worth 10 points and league worth 8?

there’s hardly anything credit worthy there

Whos the biggest club? The one you support!

Woodywizz

Distinguished Member
The 2 ‘biggest clubs’ are United and Liverpool...of that there’s no doubt. And you could argue either way as to who is 1st, dependent on which variable.

The rest are miles behind. In every factor.

richp007

Distinguished Member
The super mods and admin are all sitting in their staff room having a cup of tea, when one of them spots on the right of the forum list a thread titled, "Which is the Biggest Club in England?"

mods.gif

realfrankturner

Drop commercial rev, global fanbase trophy tally and England players. All nothing measurements

Change 2018 world cup players to all players who have played at a WC.
I think global fanbase is useful.

But yes, some of the metrics are very strange.

City 5th? Ha.

John

its leicester this week

The way they've worked it all out is rubbish but I agree United are the biggest team in England. Due to the inception of the Premier League and their unparalleled success in that era it would be hard for anyone to disagree.

Isn't Tottenhams highest ever attendance when they were at Wembley for a CL match or something, if any of the other clubs had to play there for a set period I'm sure they'd also have an attendance that high.

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
The way they've worked it all out is rubbish but I agree United are the biggest team in England. Due to the inception of the Premier League and their unparalleled success in that era it would be hard for anyone to disagree.

Isn't Tottenhams highest ever attendance when they were at Wembley for a CL match or something, if any of the other clubs had to play there for a set period I'm sure they'd also have an attendance that high.
Yes you are quite correct. The highest attendance for a game at a club ground is at City.

booyaka

The super mods and admin are all sitting in their staff room having a cup of tea, when one of them spots on the right of the forum list a thread titled, "Which is the Biggest Club in England?"

View attachment 1374851
You called?:laugh::laugh:

Weird set of tables - I agree that the 10 points for Champions League and 8 for the league is a bizarre way of making up a table,

As so often stated, that "you can make statistics say anything you want"

Steven

Senior Moderator
View attachment 1374916

^ When I noticed this thread & then realised who started it :laugh:
A Totoro posting this thread means the intention is soft and cuddly. Think a dog eating ice cream

As an aside, so much The Athletic content is posted online and on YouTube, is there a point to subscribing. I thought The Athletic want people to pay for journalism

richp007

Distinguished Member
You called?:laugh::laugh:

Weird set of tables - I agree that the 10 points for Champions League and 8 for the league is a bizarre way of making up a table,

As so often stated, that "you can make statistics say anything you want"
They are odd, and I don't think anyone would hold too much stock in it be honest. @dr no clearly on a wind up as he spotted Chelsea doing well in a few :D

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...

Latest News

Samsung updates and expands access to Samsung TV Plus
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney+ UK introduces GroupWatch co-viewing feature
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for November 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Harman Kardon launches Citation Amp
  • By Andy Bassett