• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which is the best Sky HD Box and should I buy from Ebay?

K

kevceltic

Hi Folks,

I would appreciate any views, experiences and useful knowledge on this.

I am going to buy a Sky HD Box and I am in 2 minds whether to buy from Ebay or Sky directly. Sky is expensive and Ebay could trip me up. Any advice would be welcome on that.

Also if I do go ahead with buying from Ebay, which make of box should I look for and which ones should I avoid?

I appreciate all your help

Many thanks
Kev.

t1m103

Established Member
at the moment there is only one make of sky hd box being Thompson.

kevmarshall

Established Member
At the moment they are all Thomson boxes.

Buy from Ebay at your peril IMO. That's not to say all Ebay sellers are rogues or the boxes are of inferior quality but at least you know where you are with the Sky guarantee which also covers the dish etc.

HD boxes can be quirky:rolleyes: so I personally wouldn't buy from anyone but Sky.

I'm sure you will get a few comments from people who bought from Ebay and have had no problems. Ya pays ya money.....................

uktrailmonster

Established Member
I've just bought my HD box from Sky for £99 + £30 installation. But I am a new customer. I really can't imagine buying a potentially unreliable box like this from ebay unless it was seriously cheap. How much do they typically sell for on ebay?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom