Which is the best picture pre-set for my LG 49SJ800V TV?

Faust

I have what is now an older LG TV i.e. 49SJ800V. I still struggle with deciding which is the best picture format for this TV. I have an Apple TV 4K and that looks great through the LG when outputting HDR. However, for all other material i.e. Netflix and Prime standard subscriptions, Sky Q and Freeview I think "Standard Picture" in settings gives a much better picture than HDR output. Whilst the colours may look slightly more vibrant in HDR mode the picture looks softer and not as sharp as 'Standard". I don't use any of the picture processing options on the TV.

I would be most interested to read what other LG owners think.

millfield

Hi Faust when I had my 2017 LJ model tv, I found standard to be the best setting, but that tv packed in after 2years and 4months. I now have a Samsung RU7400 UHD tv and still find either standard or natural settings to be the best. When reading all the expert reviews on different websites they all seem to advise using the movie mode which I have never been happy with finding it too dull, in the past I have given movie mode a week at least to try to get used to it but I always go back to standard, each to their own preference I suppose.

Faust

Hi Faust when I had my 2017 LJ model tv, I found standard to be the best setting, but that tv packed in after 2years and 4months. I now have a Samsung RU7400 UHD tv and still find either standard or natural settings to be the best. When reading all the expert reviews on different websites they all seem to advise using the movie mode which I have never been happy with finding it too dull, in the past I have given movie mode a week at least to try to get used to it but I always go back to standard, each to their own preference I suppose.
I totally agree re: movie mode. I have always considered it to be a very unattractive format, as you say to dark/dull.

Top Bottom