Which is the best out of these two laptops

Fusewire

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi - still stuggling with my choice of new laptop. :confused::(

Which of these two do you think is better :-

http:////www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/asp/versions.asp?rewrite=Toshiba_Satellite_X200-219_PSPBUE-00800EEN&pagetype=version&page=

or

http://www.askdirect.co.uk/uview?call=ask.productSearch&id=11490

I don't mind so much about the £50 price difference, what is worring me is the graphics cards and the battery life. :rolleyes:

The P300 graphics card looks a bit weak to me (or is it better than the 8600GT ?) :confused:

Also I have heard reports that the x200 only lasts abount an hour on the battery, I really need it to last 2 hours, do you think the P300 will last longer on the battery than the x200 ? I can't find any reviews on the P300 to check how long the battery lasts.

Can somebody help me... :lease:

I'm not sure about the graphics cards but both are running 2xHDD and a 17" screen, and both have 6000mAh capacity batteries, I would imagine that battery life is going to be pretty much the same for both.

Is that two hours under full CPU + GPU load or two hours idling?

2 hours surfing or watching a dvd etc.. rather than fully loading the gpu +cpu with a graphics intense game (I would probobaly plug it in to the mains for gaming).

*bump* :)

Can someone help me :lease:

No idea about GPU performance, but Toshiba Satellite P300-161 has better CPU/Memory/HD spec. But the Toshiba Satellite X200-219 has a higher resolution screen, which might be a problem with laptop GPU's running native. For windows 1680x1050 on a 17" will have tiny text, I have a 20" 1680x1080.

If you are spending that much money you should definitely be loking for Penryn. The new 45nm processors.

If you are spending that much money you should definitely be looking for Penryn. The new 45nm processors.

Why :confused: what is so special about them...

Toshiba looks more powerful if you want to even consider playing the odd game. The 1680 x 1050 screen resolution will be more demanding of the 8600GT so don't expect high frame rates.

Have a look at the Dell XPS 1530.

Have a look at the Dell XPS 1530.

I have looked at that but I really want a 17" screen...

Dell XPS 17xx?

Dell XPS 1710 is £900 and not santa rosa and as such a much lower spec the XPS 1730 starts at £1399 which is way over my budget.

I don't really want a Dell anyway I have a Dell desktop PC and they have been useless when I have had problems with it, so I have decided not to use them again. :D

Wouldn't buy a Dell either:D But the metal build on the XPS is pretty impressive and should hold longer than plastic cases.

I'm not sure about the graphics cards but both are running 2xHDD and a 17" screen, and both have 6000mAh capacity batteries, I would imagine that battery life is going to be pretty much the same for both.

P300's only come with 4000mAh-ish batterie packs as standard but you can buy P300 battery packs offering up to 6900mAh, but obviously at extra cost.
The benchmark usage for the P300 on nominal settings using the standard 4000mAh-ish battery pack is 1.5 hours so set to high performance settings expect at least 2 hours with a 6900mAh battery pack and probably more like three hours on nominal settings.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom