Which is the best of these for Picture & Sound quality:

kwebbotaurus

Which of these DVD Players has the best Picture & Sound Quality:

(I don't hav Prog Scan and I'm not bothered about DVD-A or SACD, but I will be using the player as a CD player)

Pioneer DV-565
Pioneer DV-656
Panasonic DVDS75
Toshiba SD530
Panasonic NVVP30
Cambridge Audio DVD57

F

FoxyMulder

You should look at the price for each and then ask yourself can you buy a good CD player after buying the dvd player, if you are not bothered about dvd audio or sacd may i suggest u look around for a Toshiba SD-220 multiregion you can probably find em now for about £80 to £90 and from the money saved get yourself a dedicated CD player, you will have an excellent dvd player and hopefully excellent CD player too.

kwebbotaurus

I've only got room for the DVD player and DVD playback is more important than CD playback (we have a CD player elsewhere in the flat).

S

salizar

I can honestly say I wouldn't buy any of those if I wanted to use it as a CD player as well. If you are looking at something at the top of the value market I would suggest you have a look at the NAD T562 or the Denon 2200. If you are willing to spend a little bit more money you should also have a look at the Adcom GDV-850 or the Arcam DV88 - both of which provide excellent musical play back with the Adcom featuring a little more heaft to the bass end and the Arcam sounding a little bit sweeter in the high end.

foxyloxy

Novice Member
Take a look at the thread on the Limit DVD800SE - this is well rated as a CD player too and the rep. from limit is giving discount for avforum members!

Steve

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom