Which is the best of these for Picture & Sound quality:

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by kwebbotaurus, Feb 4, 2004.

1. kwebbotaurus

kwebbotaurus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Which of these DVD Players has the best Picture & Sound Quality:

(I don't hav Prog Scan and I'm not bothered about DVD-A or SACD, but I will be using the player as a CD player)

Pioneer DV-565
    Pioneer DV-656
    Panasonic DVDS75
    Toshiba SD530
    Panasonic NVVP30
    Cambridge Audio DVD57

2. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You should look at the price for each and then ask yourself can you buy a good CD player after buying the dvd player, if you are not bothered about dvd audio or sacd may i suggest u look around for a Toshiba SD-220 multiregion you can probably find em now for about £80 to £90 and from the money saved get yourself a dedicated CD player, you will have an excellent dvd player and hopefully excellent CD player too.

3. kwebbotaurus

kwebbotaurus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    I've only got room for the DVD player and DVD playback is more important than CD playback (we have a CD player elsewhere in the flat).

4. salizar

salizar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can honestly say I wouldn't buy any of those if I wanted to use it as a CD player as well. If you are looking at something at the top of the value market I would suggest you have a look at the NAD T562 or the Denon 2200. If you are willing to spend a little bit more money you should also have a look at the Adcom GDV-850 or the Arcam DV88 - both of which provide excellent musical play back with the Adcom featuring a little more heaft to the bass end and the Arcam sounding a little bit sweeter in the high end.

5. foxyloxy

foxyloxy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Take a look at the thread on the Limit DVD800SE - this is well rated as a CD player too and the rep. from limit is giving discount for avforum members!

Steve