1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which is the best LCD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by eddmed, Aug 3, 2005.

1. eddmed

eddmed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I have a budget of £1500 and i want to change to an LCD. I have looked at the forum and i am still confused. The 32" seems to be the size that i am after although a 37" would look nice to. I have read a lot about HDTV coming next year and i have sky at the minute. The TV's primary use would be sky and DVD's so i would appreciate candid views.
    Thanks

2. knowley

knowley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You'll get a lot of various responses, but the top ones to go for seem to be:
    Philips 9986 (£1700)
    Panasonic TX32LXD500
    Hitachi 32LD7200 (£1200)- out of stock everywhere, top reviews, few complaints of "buzzing" from the backlight.
    JVC LT-32DS6B (£1350)
    For under £800 there is the Samsung LE32R41B - but people have found tearing issues with it.

I decided on the JVC and am very pleased with it
    product info, and it's had great reviews from What Plasma & LCD and What Video & Wide Screen TV.

Its a tough decision to make, there are lots of threads on this subject.

3. jriihi

jriihi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My current list:
    Hitachi 32LD7200 (£1200)- out of stock everywhere, top reviews, few complaints of "buzzing" from the backlight.
    Sony KLV-V32A10E (£1400) - not available yet

Maybe in list or maybe not (dont know yet):
    JVC LT-32S60 (£1350) - good??
    Panasonic TX-32LX500 - no backlight adjustment

4. Phill1978

Phill1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    ok how about 37"

5. Ozzpot

Ozzpot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was in the same situation as you - wanting to buy my first LCD, probably 32", maybe larger, and not really knowing anything about them.

I thought about getting a 37", even a 42", and then I though about it and realised that I actually sit pretty close to my TV. I am a graphic designer by trade, and spend ALL day and most of the night in front of a computer. Even though I wear an up-to-date prescription of contact lenses, I actually find it hard to focus on a screen more than 6 feet away now. And because the resolution of the LCDs we are presumably talking about is fixed at 1366 x 768 or thereabouts, a 37" would not look any better to me than a 32". It's only worth getting anything that big if you intend to sit quite far from it IMO.

But everyone's situation and opinion is different. Just bear that in mind before you shell out your hard earned cash.

6. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Sharp 37" GA5 for £1500 - new GA6 due this month, so maybe hold on a bit. Same for GD7 - GD1 Titanium replacement.
    Sharp 37P50 for £1500 - due this month also.
    JVC 37 DS6 for £1700 - available now I beieve, or in a matter of weeks, just like the Sharps.