1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which is the best format for Sky viewing?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by patwestlake, Jan 31, 2003.

1. patwestlake

patwestlake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Greetings,

Learning fast but still too many questions to ask!!

My primary source is a digibox. Is there a preferred format (ie 50/100hz) and/or a particular set that gives good viewing from this source. All the issues that come up seem to rate this as a much worse source that even your Tesco's cheap DVD players, which I understand to be to do with the compression SKY use (true?)

The main issues I see on my current JVC 25" 4:3 is flickering on the menus, especially the yellow on blue which always seems to have an unsharp edge. The widescreens I've looked at (PL1/PL10/LS35/LS60) also seem to suffer image judder during sports eg footy. Sky again or the TV technology (shop ariel systems accepted)

Any particular sets cope better with SKY than others? I'm not in a dire rush to buy (yet!:smashin: ) - is there anything "round the corner" worth waiting for?

Many thanks , Pat

2. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +344
    There are different type of 100 hz set I dont know the right wordings

But for like sony there are

100hz
    100 hz digital plus
    100 DRC

I have seen a 100 hz which is ls60 and yes it does flicker a bit but not as much as a 50hz tv.

I own a 100hz digital plus which is the FX66 and there no flicker what so ever with sky menu and stats that come up on football match.

It all down to personal taste as on 100 digital plus you will sometime see pixels but if you sit at least 8 feet away you should not notice them as much well i dont on my FX66. But alot of the time programs show great and DVD play lovely.