1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which is the best Corrs DVD?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by nathan_silly, Jul 2, 2003.

1. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My brother has The Corrs- Live At Lansdowne Road, but the picture is nothing amazing (the two tracks from Albert hall are amazing!)

Ta

btw Sharon! [​IMG]

2. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Live at Lansdowne Road :D It really is superb.

For amazing sound and very good video, but a far more laidback performance than usual get Unplugged.

Live at the Albert Hall is pretty good on both fronts but not the experience of Lansdowne or the quailty of Unplugged, plus it's 4:3.

Live in London is decent picture quality but variable. The lighting can be VERY harsh which can blow out all highlight detail and in some cases blot out the performers!

Best of the Corrs: the videos and is just like it says. It's not anamorphic and some videos are 4:3.

The order I've listed is the order I would (and have) buy them in.

For reviews see here.

I don't know what 2 tracks from Live at the Albert Hall you are tlaking about on the Lansdowe Road DVD are. It has 2 tracks from the Fleadh 2000 performance which I agree are good, although Andrea doesn't sing Iresistable as well as usual imo.

3. z5461313

z5461313

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Yes, I'd say live at lansdowne road - really great concert

Found the unplugged a bit sleepy watching that one compared to lansdowne road

4. Russ

Russ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Aren't 'The Corrs' that irish band that released the same CD 4 times ?
    Not heard from them for a long time now. Maybe they have made enough money and lost contact with thier roots ?

5. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Their albums are:

Forgiven, Not Forgotten

Talk On Corners - They made a special edition of this which had some different mixes on it. There are different versions for regions of the world and various special editions but in the UK it's only the 2 main ones you will find in the shops.

In Blue

The Best of The Corrs (mainly from the first 2 albums, 2 tracks from In Blue and 2 that appear nowhere else)

You can find details here

Yeah, I did mention that Unplugged is somewhat muted compared to the concerts but the surround sound is superb, it really puts you in the middle of the music. The video is the best of the lot too.

6. z5461313

z5461313

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Yes - The Corrs are a really good group

I can listen to their albums alot without getting tired of listening to them - which you can't do with alot of bands

When they first appeared they didn't seem upto much, then it all suddenly changed and I liked all their songs