1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which is the best Bruce Lee DVD Box set to buy?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by videonasty, May 19, 2004.

1. videonasty

videonasty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
  2. shortround

shortround

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    i believe both these box sets use the same transfers so video quality will be the same on both. they are better quality than the uk hong kong legends releases of these films, with more natural colours and contrast.

which one is the best to get all depends on why you're buying it. the korean version has nicer packaging, but the hong kong version is limited to 5000 and the deluxe version comes with a specially designed t-shirt so is more collectible.

the inclusion of enter the dragon is a non issue for two reasons:
    a) the intro credit sequence on the hong kong version is awful (different from usa version)
    b) the original language of this film is english so watching a dubbed version will always be inferior.
    if you're after the best version of enter the dragon then get the new R1 2 disc special edition which has a new transfer and more extras.

personally, i went for the hong kong version for collectors reasons. one thing worthy of note is that the english subtitles on the hong kong version (and i assume the korean version as well) are the worst thing i have ever seen. awful english translations and tons of typos. however, this doesn't spoil the fun too much as, let's face it, there's not much of a script to pay attention to in these films.

3. videonasty

videonasty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Do the special features on the Korean DVD set have English Subs?

4. shortround

shortround

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    if it's the same as the hong kong version then yes they do. although the only extra that needs this is the interviews. to be honest, the extras disc that comes with this set isn't all that, just some trailers and some game of death out takes that are already on the uk releases. i have seen claims that this disc contains the special 40 minute edit of the pagoda fight sequence from game of death that's present on the uk hong kong legends release, but i have yet to find it on the disc. perhaps it's an easter egg (i doubt it).