• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

which is the BEST 32Inch LCD TV

Sideburns

Standard Member
Hi all, looking to buy an 32 inch LCD T.V. I recently went to currys and the rep said the best LCD on the market today is a samsung le32a656a (6 series) with HD ready, the best resolution and so on. He was quite adamnet this is the best one and even kicks any other LCDs on the market including Sonys.

Im not an expert but before I part with my money can someone give me some advice of probably what I shoud go for???:lease:

Many ThANKS

Hi all, looking to buy an 32 inch LCD T.V. I recently went to currys and the rep said the best LCD on the market today is a samsung le32a656a (6 series) with HD ready, the best resolution and so on. He was quite adamnet this is the best one and even kicks any other LCDs on the market including Sonys.

Im not an expert but before I part with my money can someone give me some advice of probably what I shoud go for???:lease:

Many ThANKS

Personally I would consider Sony and Panasonic ranges, but having said that the 656 gets a very good review at TrustedReviews - The UKs premier source of Technology News and Reviews

You'll find considerably better value at some of the online retailers or Richer Sounds stores

Don't pay big bucks for extended warranty

suba

Or price match at JLP and get the five year guarantee for free.....

Sideburns

Standard Member
Price range would be up to £600...

looking for something thats HD ready, maybe with freeview built in but not too fussed. S good contrast ratio. I know the samsung 6 series has a ratioo of 50000:1.... which is decent considering its a 32"...

I know technology something decent, something thats going to hold its own at least for a couple of years...............

optimus

Standard Member
Yeah the samsung is a pretty good choice but your gonna get ********* if you buy from currys have a look on the net you'll get a much better price. Also i have to agree Sony and Thoshiba may also have something that floats your boat.

Last edited by a moderator:

audiphile76

looking for something thats HD ready, maybe with freeview built in but not too fussed. S good contrast ratio. I know the samsung 6 series has a ratioo of 50000:1.... which is decent considering its a 32"...

I know technology something decent, something thats going to hold its own at least for a couple of years...............

Dont go after Samsung's Dynamic Contrast Ratio counts, they are one of the biggest liars. If you wanna a 32 incher, get a 32V4500 if you can. Best LCD at 32". Has very good blacks, supports 1080p via HDMI/component, plays 24p and 33000:1 Contrast Ratio. No complaints so far, very good user reviews on AVForums. V4500 also has a support for MPEG-4(HD broadcast). So its gonna last for a few years.

V4500 has all features that W4000 has.

Check out some of the pics from V4500:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/7899595-post223.html
http://www.avforums.com/forums/7897981-post217.html

Don't get in to contrast ratio figures. The makers can make it whatever they want

Go and look at the the tv in the shop, pick what you like, and then seek out the cheapest offer

I've got a 4500

It's stunning:D

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom