which is faster

jasper1889

Standard Member
I am looking to buy a pc but want to know which is faster in a dual core 3.2 ghz or a core 2 duo with a 2.4 ghz processor. i am working as an event photographer and need to download photos to the computer fast then put them in files and edit them in a programme such as picassa and print quickly.
speed is important.

Jeroen1000

I know what a core 2 duo is, but I can't really figure out what you mean by the first. The applications you are using should benifit more from cache memory on the processor AND cores (thus les from raw clock speed). So I'd advice you to look at quad core processors.

For downloading there are no special requirement to be met really, but for photo editing you can use some more cores. If you have a large budget you may want to look at AMD's Phenom II's or Intels core I5/I7. A smaller budget can be met by the Athlon II X4's.

FoxHound

I am looking to buy a pc but want to know which is faster in a dual core 3.2 ghz or a core 2 duo with a 2.4 ghz processor. i am working as an event photographer and need to download photos to the computer fast then put them in files and edit them in a programme such as picassa and print quickly.
speed is important.

Do you have the names of the processors you wish to compare?

Here:

Bench - CPU - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

you can select the processors and the benchmark (eg image manipulation) to see exactly which will be faster for you.

For actually making the transfer of the photos faster a fast hard drive will help. Depending on how important speed is you may want to look at USB 3.0 and even an SSD (solid state drive).

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom