Which is better: TH50PX600 or TH50PH9?

CITY_MANC

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

I've been registered for some time now; albeit on a lurking basis, and have finally decided to take the plunge and purchase a plasma.

A few weeks ago I had my heart set on the TH42PX600, but after seeing it in action at a friends house - it was breathtaking - I fancy spending a few quid extra, and am now considering a 50" panel. However, I'm now torn between the TH50PX600, which I could pick up from Empire Direct for £2784, or the TH50PH9, which is currently retailing for at £2475 at AV-SALES!

My questions to you are:

1. In your opinion which is the better panel of the two and why?
  2. Would I be able to plug my cable box and Dvd recorder straight in to the TH50PH9 or would I need to purchase additional terminal boards?

Oh and finally...is a 50" panel gonna be a bit much when viewed from around 12 feet?

Thanks in anticipation :hiya:

Lee

congrats on buyin a plasma , if u can afford a 50" then go for it at 12ft i recon it would be ok ( and u gotta do 1 better than ure m8 )
TH50PH9 u need component board and maybe rgb/scart for your cabe box
i used to have my 42pwd7 all switching via component on my amp

It really boils down to the age old question of whether you want to buy a TV or a panel only display....

If you intend to go the AV amplifier route then the PH9 (with input boards) would seem to make more sense. If you just want a TV and don't have a tendency to tinker (too much ;) ) then the PX600 would fit the bill.

:)

sdb123 said:
It really boils down to the age old question of whether you want to buy a TV or a panel only display....

If you intend to go the AV amplifier route then the PH9 (with input boards) would seem to make more sense. If you just want a TV and don't have a tendency to tinker (too much ;) ) then the PX600 would fit the bill.

:)

Mmmm ...so how much am I looking at for a decent AV amp and input boards do you think?

does the panel actually come with any input boards? well atleast youd have the option of changing boards at will, tho i think you can only have a maximum of 2 hdmi/dvi boards anyway :suicide:

does the two different sets use the same panel and circuitry? looking at the brochures they seem to, so it may just come down to styling and price

JagoPlasma said:
does the panel actually come with any input boards? well atleast youd have the option of changing boards at will, tho i think you can only have a maximum of 2 hdmi/dvi boards anyway :suicide:

does the two different sets use the same panel and circuitry? looking at the brochures they seem to, so it may just come down to styling and price

It comes with 2 input boards; PC & S-video, although I think the former is fixed.

Just done a bit more research on the two models actually, and it does seem as though they both employ the same 16 bit digital processing, make use of 'real black creation' and similarily have 35 percent thinner 'less reflective' screens than previous panels.

The PX600 it most probably is then...I just wish JL stocked 'em:mad:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom