• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which is Better Sky or Virgin

sianba

Established Member
Hi
I am a Sky+ viewer with all channels, but my mate as gone over to Virgin with top package ie channels, broadband etc.
I have all this with Sky except HD which i will get soon so is it worth me trying Virgin or staying putt with Sky, can any one give me advice which is better especially if you have tried them both.

Thanks
Sianba

Starburst

Distinguished Member
I haven't had cable since before VM took over and the V+ was launched so can't comment directly but....

If you are considering HD make sure you know exactly what you get for the extra £10 a month and what you get thrown in with the V+ package.
Also if sport is important VM XL subscribers get Setanta thrown in where as Dsat and DTT viewers have to pay extra for it.

Also worth checking out VM since I believe they have (like SKY) a cooling off period for new subscribers, you could try it and see how it goes for a month I think and also if you price VM up tell them you are a SKY subscriber looking to move you may get an incentive and well call to cancel SKY saying you are going to VM might also get you a retention deal.
If you go with VM you can still keep the satellite system intact for the free channels and the box is yours to sell if you want, VM hardware is only loaned and if stop paying then say bye to all the digital channels but all maintenance is free for the length of the VM subscription where as SKY only cover the first year.

Kryptix

Prominent Member
Sky easily IMO.

My family have Virgin downstairs, and I have my own Sky up here and it's just so nasty using their box. So slow and I much prefer the layout of Sky.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom