1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which is better in ear Sony Ear Buds or Sennheiser HD-212Pro Full-Size Closed Studio?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Nathanman, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Nathanman

Nathanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Trying to look for some new headphones but can't decide what is better. I,ve had Sony's ear bud design for a while and can't decide if I could get better sound from other headphones. I have heard that Sennheiser HD-212Pro Full-Size Closed Studio Monitor Headphones offer good sound is this tr

2. flangemonkey

flangemonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    If you're after good a closed 'phone, you might want to take a look at the HD280 Pro...

That would certainly offer better sound than the HD212s...this is obviously reflected in the price...

Obviously there is a marked difference in the style of sound produced between general earbuds like the Sonys (not isolating ones such as Shures and Etymotics) and full-sized closed cans...

Best thing to do is to head on down to your local Senn dealer, and give some a demo...you can then make up your mind as to which are for you...

3. sound_05

sound_05

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The HD 280's are a good choice and yes they are they a bit higher priced. Have you looked at the HD 250's? These are very musical headphones and have an amazing frequency range. They are closed back - lafrger than the 280's however a higher priced range again though.

HD 25's? Can pick these up cheap now. Ahh or even the new HD 215's!! sell at about £40 and they are the more affordable option the the 25's