• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which is better for watching movies? BenQ vs Epson

Maniacc

Novice Member
Hello.
I want to buy projector for my cinema room.
Thinking about BenQ W5700 (HT5550) and Epson EH DW9400.
Which is better for totally dark room?
The destiny of this projector is watching movies.
Lenght from thescreen is about 5m.
I'm looking for projector with great colours (especcialy black) and sharpeness...
...like everybody;)
Maybe LG hu80ka will be better?
What do you think?
Maybe you have any other propositions?
Thanks

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
I feel you only need to look on these forums to see which is followed most. So, I feel it will many will point you in the direction of the EH-TW9400 as its an extremely good all round projector.

Ultimately which one will be best for you will be the one you enjoy the most and from that point, you should always try to view one (where possible) to gain your own opinion :)

Luminated67

Distinguished Member
Motion handling if you are sensitive will be better on the BenQ, it will also be better if you prefer to sit significantly closer to your screen than most others.

Apart from these two things the Epson is better, I’ve personally compared a Native 4K Sony side by side with my 9400 and unless both myself and the Sony owner moved to less than 7ft from my 100” screen we couldn’t see the increased resolution of 4K over Epson’s e-shift. In a fully light controlled room the blacks will also be better which will improve the pop of colours on the screen as they will have more depth.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom