Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Which is best over 5m - Scart or VGA cables?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by dancingmatt, Aug 3, 2005.

1. dancingmatt

dancingmatt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi all

I'm going to use a Scart to VGA adapter cable to connect my DVD player to my Sanyo projector. The DVD outputs RGB over Scart and the projector accepts RGB from Scart through it's DSUB (VGA) socket.

I've got to reach 5m between the set-top boxes and the PJ - I either need a 5m Scart cable before the adapter or 5m VGA cable after it - so my question is which is better over that distance?

Thanks
    DM

2. BDCSTENG GARETH

BDCSTENG GARETH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    It all depends on the quality of the cable... But my guess is use a short scart and a long VGA. I say this as VGA cable due to the fact is has to be specified to carry very high resolutions, far in excess of what you'll be pumping to your PJ. However, if your scart cable is of a good build quality, and has good individual screening, there is no reason you cant run it double that distance.

Gareth.