Which is best Arnova 10 3g, Arnova 9 2g or another for £160? *Buying advice Require*

Keithhampson

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi, I like these tablets but I am having trouble which one to get, Currys have the 10 3g at £139.99 and the 9 2g at £159.99 but what is the differences with them? both look very alike and are the same company or am I better off with a totally different one? I want a 10 inch screen

My needs well I have a android phone which I am happy with and a wifi hotspot on it.

I will use the tablet for the following:

Browsing the internet
Watching videos
Facebook
You tube
Photo viewing and storage
email
exchanging files from tablet to phone (both ways)
Ebay, Gumtree and Preloved (buying and selling)
apps such as Sky go, Weather, News and thats about it really.

My brother has an Archos arnova 9 2g and it seems pretty good to me but I have never used anything other than a laptop.

What are your thoughts please?

Thanks

My brother's arnova 9 2g definately had google play installed, I like the mono 11 but its showing out of stock?, what is flash 11.1?

Keith

There are a couple of other suppliers of the tablet on amazon, if I order from them will the WiFi issue have been sorted or will they be old stock?

Is this anything to worry about?

GTR ELECTRONICS IS CLOSED FOR BUSINESS. ALL ORDERS WILL BE DISPATCHED BY SAT 8TH SEPTEMBER.

Feedback for Gary ( GTR) @ Amazon (read feedback for Momo 8 bird) is excellent especially with after sales support

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Momo update from GTR

Good evening,

Further to my emails below I'm pleased to write to you with new information regarding Ployer's flagship "Speed" Range of tablets. I've been away on leave recently and during that time there have been some developments which I'm excited to share with you.

Momo8 Speed - 8 Inch
The Momo8 Speed is currently in production by Ployer and initial issues with charging are now solved. However, during my leave Ployer have taken a decision to stop production of this unit in 2 weeks and are replacing it with an upgraded model. Ployer are referring to this model as the Momo8-16GB, however in order to advertise something a little more catchy I will be referring to it as the Momo8 IPS.

The Momo8 IPS will have exactly the same spec as the Momo8 Speed, i.e. Dual Core, Quad Graphics Processors, Bluetooth, WIFI, 8inch etc... but will be improved with the following features:
- 8inch IPS screen - brilliant news!
- 16GB Internal Storage (instead of 8GB)
- Metal rear casing just like the Momo11 Bird / Speed tablets which will improve rigidity
- Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Pre-Installed (this is confirmed, 4.0.4 will not be installed on these tablets)

I appreciate you may be a little shocked to hear that Ployer will be ceasing production of the Momo8 Speed and are moving to a newer model. I must admit I was a little taken aback when reading the email from their CEO on my return from leave yesterday. As you will have read previously in my updates there was an initial issue with certain motherboard components which caused charging issues - clearly a critical fault. This is now 100% fixed, however Ployer have realised that the current offering in the market would not last as long as they had hoped, therefore they are taking the core Speed model and upgrading it to ensure longevity and competitiveness. The Momo8 IPS model was one they were looking to introduce for Xmas this year, however they have taken the decision to manufacture and distribute immediately and cease with the Momo8 Speed.

I'm pleased to announce that I have secured 300 of their initial 500 tablet production which they will begin manufacturing next week. These units are 100% tested and will have no bugs or faults as they have the same core components as the Speeds which are now fully operational. Due to the addition of a superior IPS screen, increased storage and use of premium metal casing instead of plastic the price of these upgraded IPS tablets will be slightly higher. Fortunately they are still very competitive and will be available at £124.99 including postage. With manufacture commencing next week I am expecting arrival of stock and to be in a position to dispatch any pre-orders by Monday 24th Sept at the latest.

For those who have already pre-ordered a Momo8 Speed I have sent a separate email to you which contains information relating to your order. Please refer to this for any questions and information on next steps.

Momo8 IPS - 8 Inch
The new Momo8 IPS can be ordered via the following forums:
GTR Electronics Website: GTR Electronics
Amazon.co.uk: Ployer Momo8 IPS Tablet PC - 8 Inch Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean), IPS SCREEN; BLUETOOTH; WIFI; ROCKCHIP RK3066 DUAL CORE - 2 X CORTEX A9; QUAD GPU - IPS 1024 x 768 Capacitive 5 Point Touch Screen, 16GB Storage, 1GB DDR3 Memory, Ultra Thin 9.7mm design

Momo11 Speed - 9.7 Inch
Just like the Momo8 Speed, the initial batch of Momo11 Speeds had an issue with charging which affected approx half of the initial stock produced. In line with the fix on the Momo8's the Momo11 Speeds are now fully resolved and are working perfectly. These are now available for purchase and I have placed an initial order with Ployer. Unfortunately there is a shortage of the LG iPad2 IPS screen in Shenzhen, therefore I am unable to give an exact date of dispatch for these units. I am working with Ployer to negotiate the price and will be retailing these for £165. As soon as Ployer confirm production of my batch I will allow Pre-order via my website and Amazon.

I would make two special notes in regards to the Momo11 Speed:
1) There are two Momo11 Speeds currently being sold in China. One looks exactly the same as the Momo11 Bird however has all the upgraded internal components. The other is the one I have pictured on my website which has a completely different rear and surround. The one which looks like the Momo11 Bird is a cheaper model, Chinese sellers are buying these in bulk and advertising them as the more premium newly designed tablet. Please take care if you are purchasing this tablet from elsewhere, especially direct from China, as there may be people trying to sell Momo11 Bird's as Momo11 Speeds or sell premium model prices but send you the cheaper version. GTR Electronics will only be selling the premium Momo11 Speed as pictured on: GTR Electronics
2) Secondly, Ployer have asked me to warn customers that some Chinese sellers have not passed back initial faulty units and instead are trying to sell on or refurbish themselves. I don't know the extent of this but there will be a period over the coming weeks where sellers may try to fob these of as new where they are actually refurbished. Again, please just take care if ordering from abroad and make sure you ask any sellers a series of questions to satisfy yourself that the product you are getting is the one advertised.

Momo7 IPS - 7 Inch
The Momo7 Bird has been on hold for some time, however was recently put into production at the end of Aug and has completed successful testing in China. However, just like the Momo8 Speed, Ployer have decided to introduce a new Momo7 IPS tablet into the market. I have one picture of this new tablet which is available on my website (http://www.gtrelectronics.co.uk/momo7-ips.php), this will be manufactured after the Momo8 IPS and I can confirm GTR Electronics will definitely be stocking it.

It will have the same fantastic 'Speed' spec: Dual Core, Quad GPU; Bluetooth; 1GB DDR3 RAM, etc, but will also have a 7inch IPS screen and Dual Camera. I don't have a confirmed stocking date but I would assume mid October at this moment in time (subject to change). The Spec of this tablet will certainly take it up close to the popular Nexus 7, and it will be available for £104.99 including delivery. This will be a really interesting and no doubt popular addition to the saturated 7inch Tablet market, quite possibly the best value for money 7inch tablet available. I'll look to provide updates on this as and when I have them but this tablet will be stocked after the Momo8 IPS and Momo11 Speed versions.

I appreciate my emails and updates seem to be getting longer and longer, apologises for this. Clearly there have been a large number of developments while I've been away and I wanted to cover these as best as possible to satisfy your curiosity and interest. Please take your time to digest the above and if you have any questions or queries please don't hesitate to get in touch, I'm here to help.

Best regards

Gary Reid
GTR Electronics

those tablets look pretty good, do they all hav bluetooth

The momo speed does, I've ordered one, I've had a play with a momo11 and its great but that did not have Bluetooth but the speed certainly does

Must admit there is so much choice I really dont know what to go for. Dont even know what operating system is the best to be honest.

Will need wifi obviously, as fast processor as poss & as much RAM, expandable memory, uses flash player, 9" or bigger screen, usb.

Will be using it for internet, Facebook, Zynga poker, music, a few games for junior, viewing pics & vids etc. Must be compatiable with Google play store as I have sigend up to it as using apps on from there on my HTC One X.

I just dont want an ipad!!

Budget I have is £200 & happy to use as much as poss as it's a present for me for my birthday :laugh:

Ployer momo11 speed, superb screen (as good as iPad) dial core, hd screen, can take up to a 32 gb card, Android ice scream operating system, full google play (beware some don't have google play app store) flash player 11.1, 9.7 inch screen which is bright and clear, I've done my homework and this is awesome mate and available for about £160

Ployer momo11 speed, superb screen (as good as iPad) dial core, hd screen, can take up to a 32 gb card, Android ice scream operating system, full google play (beware some don't have google play app store) flash player 11.1, 9.7 inch screen which is bright and clear, I've done my homework and this is awesome mate and available for about £160

Does look good, only prob is of course you cant go to a local store to try one out.

Tempted to nip to a Currys/Comet today to see whats out there & what I like although they would probably blow the budget, more likely Maplins would be a better bet but doubt I could match the spec of the momo11 speed

Well ordered a momo speed from amazon but dispatched from china, you are covered by amazon. A friend ordered 1 and he had no trouble

Well ordered a momo speed from amazon but dispatched from china, you are covered by amazon. A friend ordered 1 and he had no trouble

My only worry would be the comment from sirteuk above:

I would make two special notes in regards to the Momo11 Speed:
1) There are two Momo11 Speeds currently being sold in China. One looks exactly the same as the Momo11 Bird however has all the upgraded internal components. The other is the one I have pictured on my website which has a completely different rear and surround. The one which looks like the Momo11 Bird is a cheaper model, Chinese sellers are buying these in bulk and advertising them as the more premium newly designed tablet. Please take care if you are purchasing this tablet from elsewhere, especially direct from China, as there may be people trying to sell Momo11 Bird's as Momo11 Speeds or sell premium model prices but send you the cheaper version. GTR Electronics will only be selling the premium Momo11 Speed as pictured on: GTR Electronics

So how can I buy knowing i'm getting the model with the updated internals?

Well I ordered mine from DracoTek, if you email them they are very friendly, I asked for an extra charger and protective screen for free and that was no problem, the even pay postage if I need to return it, and the have a 98% feedback. I emailed hd design and never got a reply. My friend ordered from Dracotek and he was more than happy, mine should arrive this week, they state 7 to 13 days delivery

Keith

Searched again & emailed DracoTek now about what freebies they might send as well with an order!

I asked the same question, both are made by ployer, but one is debranded, no logos but when you start up it says ployer

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom