1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Ipod

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Happytab, Oct 19, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Happytab

Happytab
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I can't decide between the nano & the new 30gb video ?

I currently have about 5gb ripped but half of that is my wifes.

My bro is going to buy for me as he lives in US so the price diff,. is only £30

Help - advice - please - thanks

2. lukey

lukey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it depends on what your future intentions are really regarding how much music you intend to have. For the price differential it might be worth while going for the full size video ipod as it has more features and will probably have better residuals in the future if you want to get rid of it. That saying,,,if size is an issue then you might want to reconsider as its substantially larger than the nano.

if it were me i would go for the 30gb version

3. Cloysterpeteuk

Cloysterpeteuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,076
    Tricky one, I would go for the 30GB if you need the space, I mean I love the nano now and would really struggle to go back to something that size but if you would use the video then it's not much extra cash.

Personally I couldn't ever see myself using the video elements of a ipod, no unless itunes 7.0 let you whack it your dvd's and convert them quickly, at the moment it takes damn hours as things have to be encoded/converted whatever the right word is twice to get it into a format the ipod accepts. I would struggle to find somewhere to use it too, I mean when i'm using pulic transport (not often anyway) I listen to music or play java games, when i'm walking about I can hardly watch video and when at home I have no reason to use a pod anyway.

If I had no pod now what I would like to do is wait for a 2nd gen 8GB nano, although that will be a fair while coming.