1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Interconnects?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by nobby, Dec 26, 2002.

1. nobby

nobby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Hi guys

i was wondering if i could get some advice. for an xmas present i got an arcam diva cd72 to take the load of my toshiba sd900e dvd player acting as a cd player too.

i think the player (arcam) is fantastic but i think i need to improve my interconnects. i own the following equipment

arcam cd-72
    yamaha ax1 amplifier
    mission 782 floorstanders

i would like to know what the best cable would be for this setup, i'm thinkin of the qed silver spiral ... i dunno ...???

also i need to know due to thisamo being an av amp should i maybe consider an optical / coaxial connection? if so what should i get?

Would this be a better signal, I have noticed since running dvd audio via analogue the results are fantastic

your advice would e much appreciated

cheers

nobby

:blush:

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I have an Arcam CD player / Yamaha amplifier with Mission floorstanders.

Personally it sounds better when connected by RCA phono leads utilising CD player's DACs than connecting by digital optical / co-axial then using amplifier's DACs.

With regard to phono to phono leads, mine is using a Chord Chameleon which at the time was suggested by Arcam, I have tried assorted Ixos and Q.E.D. s too. I can't say any of them sound better to me than ordinary £5 cables, wish I hadn't spent £60 to buy the Chord back then but there you go.
    The sound quality difference using my Arcam connected analogue rather than digital is very noticeable and much better.

Try it out.