Question Which integrated amplifier for my Klipsch Forte IIIs?

Ingres3225

Standard Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a pair of Klipsch Forte IIIs and I love them but I’m wanting to upgrade my amplifier from the Cambridge Audio CXA60 I have at the moment. My preferred source is an LP12 turntable using an Ortofon 2M Black cartridge. I’m not interested in streaming and will only very occasionally use a CD player.I want to keep things simple with as much clarity and separation as possible. Ideally, it will include a MM phono stage.

My listening tastes are all kinds of Heavy Metal and Hard Rock with smatterings of most other genres but high volume listening isn’t what I’m after.

My budget is £2000 preferably but can go to £3000 if need be and we all know there are plenty of integrated amplifiers in that range but I’d like some suggestions to narrow the field please.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I would suggest that the CA is doing them a little disservice. £3k puts you into Lyngdorf territory if you want good room correction with Room Perfect, certainly a consideration if you have a difficult room. It would also be helpful if you could describe or post a photograph of your room to help with some suggestions.

They do deserve amps in the range of the Rega Elicit-R, Naim Nait XS3. The Rega especially would be able to control the bass on the speakers. I listen a lot to the Elicit at low volume, mainly singer songwriters and folk rock but the Elicit can blast it out when it needs to. Soundstage and instrument separation is first class. I don't listen to vinyl at all but have a very good SACD source.

The main problem with asking is that you will get people's personal favourites, hence the Elicit from me. It is essential that you audition amps and if possible get a home audition.

I would suggest that the CA is doing them a little disservice. £3k puts you into Lyngdorf territory if you want good room correction with Room Perfect, certainly a consideration if you have a difficult room. It would also be helpful if you could describe or post a photograph of your room to help with some suggestions.

They do deserve amps in the range of the Rega Elicit-R, Naim Nait XS3. The Rega especially would be able to control the bass on the speakers. I listen a lot to the Elicit at low volume, mainly singer songwriters and folk rock but the Elicit can blast it out when it needs to. Soundstage and instrument separation is first class. I don't listen to vinyl at all but have a very good SACD source.

The main problem with asking is that you will get people's personal favourites, hence the Elicit from me. It is essential that you audition amps and if possible get a home audition.

Thanks for your reply- I realise I’m going to get people’s favourites, which is ok, but I also thought maybe someone had the speakers I have and would say what amp they are using. I guess I just wanted some ideas to narrow down the seemingly huge ocean of possibilities!

And the room size is roughly 6m by 3m so not huge!

I have Klipsch Forte iii‘s and use a McIntosh MA5300 which seems to pair rather well. A bit over budget but you might be able to pick up a used model or even the previous MA 5200.

I have Klipsch Forte iii‘s and use a McIntosh MA5300 which seems to pair rather well. A bit over budget but you might be able to pick up a used model or even the previous MA 5200.

Thanks, I’ll look into the possibility of getting a McIntosh 5200 but my wallet won’t like it!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom