Question Which integrated amp to power Dynaudio Special 40's?

Tassin

Bonjour @daquiksta
You are absolutely right. Lyngdorf have got it all right. From what I've heard, Dirac is moving towards the RoomPerfect approach. And RP is so simple to use. Which was another reason for me to buy Lyngdorf. I don't think anyone is happy to go through the Dirac process time and time again, just to give it a try. With RP that is no issue.

In your specific situation it might be wise to keep the 2170 and add a streamer (which will save you money). Unless you really want to buy a new device and want an all-in-one streaming amp. The 2170 has a little bit more power, good to leave you some additional headroom, but not the difference that allows you to play twice as loud.

As for HDMI, I've had to switch off eARC and stick to regular ARC on my LG, but that is related to the TV. CEC works just fine, so that is definitely a benefit of HDMI over optical.

Sound quality and RoomPerfect are equal in both 1120 and 2170.

Difficult choice, isn't it. ;)

daquiksta

Standard Member
Bonjour @daquiksta
You are absolutely right. Lyngdorf have got it all right. From what I've heard, Dirac is moving towards the RoomPerfect approach. And RP is so simple to use. Which was another reason for me to buy Lyngdorf. I don't think anyone is happy to go through the Dirac process time and time again, just to give it a try. With RP that is no issue.

In your specific situation it might be wise to keep the 2170 and add a streamer (which will save you money). Unless you really want to buy a new device and want an all-in-one streaming amp. The 2170 has a little bit more power, good to leave you some additional headroom, but not the difference that allows you to play twice as loud.

As for HDMI, I've had to switch off eARC and stick to regular ARC on my LG, but that is related to the TV. CEC works just fine, so that is definitely a benefit of HDMI over optical.

Sound quality and RoomPerfect are equal in both 1120 and 2170.

Difficult choice, isn't it. ;)
I kept it and not using HDMI, optical all the way. I just added a cheap Chromecast Audio to start with before looking at an external streamer only like Aries G1. Maybe one day :love:
Im also thinking about subs... But 2170 is here to stay. Only a second hand 3400 might change that.

Tassin

Makes perfect sense.

A friend of mine has the 2170 and connected some Sonos streamer. He has 2 B&W floorstanders and added 2 B&W subs. Very impressive sound, can go very loud, very powerful and tight bass. This option is still open for you as a future upgrade path.

The latest video from AVForums

LG SP11RA Soundbar Review Coming Soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom