1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Input

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by smithgt, Jul 2, 2005.

1. smithgt

smithgt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm considering purchasing an InFocus SP5000.

Would I be correct in thinking that

DVI will provide the best quality input followed by Component, then VGA and finally SVHS?

Im looking at either using Windows MCE2005 as the primary source or getting a high quality DVD player with Component outs.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,083
    Probably DVI, VGA (which is progressive and can be scaled by the PC to the native res of the pj), then component (interlaced or progressive at 480 or 576), then s-video and finaly composite.

Using a PC with Radeon graphics card like a 9600 (or better) via DVI or VGA will give a far better image than a standalone player, unless it's something like the Pioneer 868 using DVI and scaled to mathc the pj.

Gary.

3. smithgt

smithgt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a G Force FX 5200 128mb with Dual VGA as my MCE 2005 box - is that going to be up to the job. I was going to install Power Strip to see if I can suppoer 1280x720 directly.

4. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,083
    I'm not that familiar weith GeForce cards, as I've only really uded Radeons in recent years. You've nothing to lose by trying it though.

1280 x 720 should be a standard resolution (it is with Radeons anyway), so you may not need Powerstrip.

Gary.