Quantcast

Which IDTV?

R

Rixie

I'm looking to buy an entry-level integrated digital TV. The Sony KD-28DX40 likes like a decent unit. The only down side I can see is that the power output is a tad low at 14 Watts, and that the scan rate is 50 rather than 100 Hertz.

I'm not too worried about the 14 Watts, but does anyone think the 50 Hertz scanning will have that big an effect on a 28" screen?

super7

Novice Member
Rixie

I've got the 28DX40 and am extremely happy with it - lovely styling (much nicer than the non-iDTV 28LS35), and excellent picture quality.

Built in speakers are fine (Virtual Dolby doesn't seem to do much though), but rarely use them now I've got the AV receiver...

50Hz not a problem. There's plenty of negative feedback about 100Hz sets and the problems these cause, and they are much more expensive.

Definitely recommended.

Super7

Stuart Brooks

Standard Member
What about the Philips 28DW6557 a little cheaper than the Sony, and better specified - more picture control options, a subwoofer (30W RMS sound in total).

Stuart

R

rmsdev

I have a Philips 28DW6557

and I strongly recommend it... excellent picture and sound

£610 from QED

MartinImber

I like Sony IDTVs too

A

alim

Can you please tell me if the Sony iDTV sets have in-built digital signal strength indicators?

Thanks.

MartinImber

Old no

newer I think they do

V

Vaughn

Alim, I have a KD32DX100 and I can confirm it does have a signal strength meter.

Vaughn