Which Humax PVR?

figoagogo

Distinguished Member
My parents were having trouble with their VCR the other day, which I sorted, but it turns out they are using it to record analog signals, which will very shortly go off in their area (NW). Their TV has freeview, I think it is too confusing and limiting to have the VCR record the "current" freeview channel they are watching.

So, I think a PVR is the way, they currently have a large Sony CRT with no ambitions to go HD. I had a Humax single turner PVR about 5 years ago, which was a joy to use, but eventually broke down.

So what is the model to go for now, it must be east to use, reliable, I would really like to keep the price LOW (below £100!), where can I buy cheap, I see you can buy from Humax direct. My concerns is the long term reliability of these devices.

Suggestions welcome!

ROYOLD

Your parents could always connect a separate freeview STB to their VCR to continue using it for recording an additional freeview programme to the one they are watching on the TV. However the twin PVR would be far easier to use for this.

I have two of the original 9200T machines - now both over two years in use and I also purchased a 9200TBX-G (the 320GB hard drive model) Grade 'A' machine from Humax Direct about 6 months ago. They have all worked extremely well and are still in daily use.

http://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/prodCat2.asp?cat=Factory

figoagogo

Distinguished Member
Your parents could always connect a separate freeview STB to their VCR to continue using it for recording an additional freeview programme to the one they are watching on the TV.

This is too untidy and complicated, a PVR is the best way.

I will keep my eye out for offers.

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom