1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which home cinema

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by anton63, Nov 13, 2003.

1. anton63

anton63

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    i'm pretty new to audio/visual etc. i have a sony dvd player +philips tv and ntl digital set top box. i'd like to add a surround sound system but which one? do i buy seperates or a full system? most full systems come with dvd player but i'm happy with the one i've got. hope you can help.

2. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +286
    Most ppl here will advise you go the seperates route. You tend to be able to get better performance for your money for a similar priced seperates system. All in one systems do not offer any upgrade path either and you have to start from scratch if you wish to make improvements later down the line. With seperates you can upgrade as you go replacing bits as and when funds permit.
    All in one systems can do the job well and look good but it's been my experiance that once you get the hc bug you'll soon outgrow it and get frustrated with it's limitations. You can pick up all in one systems that just deal with the audio side of things (no dvd included) so you'll connect your existing dvd to this via a suitable interconnect.
    If you are dead set on getting a lifestyle system then I recommend you get a short list together and let your ears decide on what system to go for.
    If you have a budget in mind let us know and we might be able to give you some pointers.:D