Which hitachi to buy ...

Pheedbak

Standard Member
Reaction score
ok ive read the post and ive already placed an order for the pd3000 (which i can cancel)

My question is that old classic which is better. the PD3000 or the RS stocked PD5000 ?

I dont car about speakers, tuners or suchlike. THE most important thing is the picture. Are there any reviews of the PD5000. Usually i would prefer to buy the latest technology what are the benefits of the PD5000 over the 3000?

Many many thanks to anyone who can sort my dilemma .

Phil

from what i can gather the PD5000 is an update of the 3000 so its a no brainer.

i guess as long as its an improvement and not a step back. I guess in technology things dont usuall take a backwards step (unlike things like cars see new BMW for example ;) )

Phil

PD5000 should be better, but can you tell me when did RS start stocking the PD5000?
Which branch? :confused:

AV Geeza,
I called most of the Richer sounds in london and the Tottenham court rd. branch and the ealing broadway branch said they have them in stock. They also seemed to think they were the monitors only ie 42PD5000MA. Not sure I believe them though.....

Thanks Hutch:smashin:

Ive just checked the RS website and it states that the PD5000 includes the tuner but it only has one scart? :confused:

is the 500E not an older model ??? i want the latest preferably and from my understanding the 5000 is the latest hitachi plasma screen ?

Or am i missing summin :)

Phil

The 500E is also a new model released late last year I think. I believe they both use the new H3 panel although the 500E has uses an I23 intelligent image chip (whatever that is) and the 5000 uses something called FC5 digital image pixel processor! Glad that's all cleared up then.

Both appear to have same contrast and luminance leves. The 500E looks more like the old 3000 from what I can see whereas the 5000 has a new grey colour (crystalface)

Both look good to me, I just can't decide whethter to go for one of these and cancel my order for the 3000 or stick with the 3000

i know what u mean just as i decide to get a p3000 the 5000 thread starts .

At the moment im leaning towards the 5000 because RS 3 yr warantee is much better than currys (i used to work for PC world never get Disaster Care !!) and its the newest hence surely the best plasma hitachi make ...

Phil

Gazzad is correct in that the 500E is the newer technology screen, Fujitsu/Hitachi call it "e-Alis" and I believe its the same for all the new models from Hitachi now, 500/5000 series.

Best regards David

hi everyone,
i'm new here but have been reading for a while,anyway the 5000
is due in RS branches as from tuesday according to there customer services,one of the branch managers said it is superb and a big improvement is the 2000:1 contrast .

Originally posted by brethy
according to there customer services,one of the branch managers said it is superb and a big improvement is the 2000:1 contrast .

They really know their stuff then..........:rotfl:

feel sorry for the person who lives near that branch.....:(

Sprout,
I got the info from the Fuji/Hitachi press info website, thats the way it read.
But it's anyones guess the way technology is batted around at the moment, and even whether it makes a difference too? LOL

Best regards David

Sprout,

Your correct, the 55" is e-Alis, and the 32 & 42 are the new A1 screen.
Had trouble finding the press release again though.....

Best regards David

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom