• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which Hisense to get?

phil_87

Standard Member
I haven't bought a TV in years so would be great to get initial thoughts from people with much better knowledge of TVs than myself!

Based on budget and the retailer I'll be using, I've narrowed it down to the 43AE7400FTUK or the 43A7100FTUK. If the 7100 is good then we may go for the 50 inch 50A7100FTUK.

Is Hisense highly regarded at this general (around £300-350) price point?

Is there any significant difference between the two models of TVs above? It will be used for watching movies, playing video games etc.

Dodgexander

The AE7400 (or A7400) is the first in the A series to come with a wide colour gamut. Its not important when shopping at this price point and if you can afford to get a larger model of the cheaper A7100 that would be a better buy instead.

From their 2019 lines I have been recommended their B series TVs. They are both cheaper and better overall quality compared to the competition at a similar price point. Hisense use VA type panels which many people prefer compared to IPS, but you should make your own decision on that:

The A series being a newly released 2020 model range is a bit more unknown compared to last years B series, usually TVs improve year to year, but not always the case.

If you can still find stock of 2019 models like the B7120 sold by Argos that may be a better buy than the newer TVs. Its more of a known quantity and comes with Roku smart TV instead of Hisense' own OS.

If you are set on buying a 2020 model like the A series, you are best to wait for Black Friday or later, then its likely you'll be able to afford the same model at 55" or even bigger, or alternatively will be able to get a higher range model at a similar size. TVs are overpriced right now having just been released.

phil_87

Standard Member
That is incredibly helpful - thank you for your help there! I will go with the larger model in the A series I think - I would go for the B series at Argos thought would prefer to go with the A series from Richer Sounds due to their 6 yr guarantee.

Thanks again.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom