Which high end streamer? Slim Devices Transporter?

DannyBoy73

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've read a few reviews on the Slim Devices Transporter and it looks very impressive.

What other high end streamers are there?

Also anything like the Transporter but without the built-in DAC?

Thanks

>What other high end streamers are there?<

Linn Klimax DS

I just got a Transporter and it's .. well.. sort of okay... I suppose... I've not really had too much time with it but I'm not too impressed.. There isn't that Wow factor when you listen and the VU meters keep you distracted from the real reason it's there... to play music... suppose you can switch off the display.

I think I'll still play CDs on my CD36. It's not just the sound that isn't quite there, it's the user interface that's a bit slow / buggy... I have on a few occasions had to remove the power cable to reset it although that might be because my daughter uses the same pc to play Sims and download music... Could be an ITunes thing...Probably be better if I had a dedicated pc / nas. But that costs more...

So, will I keep it... not too sure yet... flip a coin...

p.s., I'm using Apple lossless..

Linn have just launched the Akurate DS, which about 1/3 of the price for the Klimax DS, but still has much of the performance, apparently. There are also rumours of a Majik DS or Classik DS at even lower price points to follow soon.

I just got a Transporter and it's .. well.. sort of okay... I suppose... I've not really had too much time with it but I'm not too impressed.. There isn't that Wow factor when you listen and the VU meters keep you distracted from the real reason it's there... to play music... suppose you can switch off the display.

I think I'll still play CDs on my CD36. It's not just the sound that isn't quite there, it's the user interface that's a bit slow / buggy... I have on a few occasions had to remove the power cable to reset it although that might be because my daughter uses the same pc to play Sims and download music... Could be an ITunes thing...Probably be better if I had a dedicated pc / nas. But that costs more...

So, will I keep it... not too sure yet... flip a coin...

p.s., I'm using Apple lossless..

Hi mate,

are you using the DAC in the transporter or your own? If your own have you compared the two??

cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom