1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which hi def plasma / pair with iscan hd?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by alexc, Dec 18, 2004.

1. alexc

alexc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all,

I have had my pana pwd6 for about a year and a half, and am looking at possibly replacing it with a hi def unit to pair up with the isacn hd I bought about 6 months ago.

It's been a while since i looked at the market last and i'm looking for advice on which are the best at the moment to be looking at. Personally speaking I have been 100% pleased with Panasonic - and was looking at the same kind of route. What do you think?

Thanks
    Alex :thumbsup:

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    wait 6 months for news on the 8 series display and HDMI support mate, the cost from what you'll get for your PWD6 £800-£1000 depending on hours etc to a PHD7 £2.5k is not worth that much really enjoy th PW6 for a while longer and get an 8 series HD panel 42" or 50" with full 50Hz HDMI support... JUST my 2 cents

3. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    That's assuming they manage to get HDMI implemented correctly next time around...and HDMI support doesn't mean it will have native resolution support which would be ideal when partnering it with the iScanHD...also as the iScanHD is not HDCP compliant you may also need to upgrade that to the HD+ at the same time.

Cheers, Lee

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    i would go HDMI (for HD sources SKY HD, BLU ray etc) Direct and use Iscan to upscale SD..... DVD Sky VHS etc..........
    I dont think we will see a huge improvement using an Iscan HD+ to process HD broadcast to native over panels internal electronics........ All guess work... throw a £4k or even £2.5k scaler at it then we may see more of a difference but knowing what Sky did with digital TV i doubt it...